JOB FILLED - Principal Scientist - Microbiology
- Project leader or member of application/innovation projects: Conduct and/or manage application/innovation projects independently and/or in collaboration with both internal and external customers. This includes ideation, reviewing and identifying new projects, developing and executing the technical plans, collecting and analyzing data, communicating results and project status, generating reports, making presentations, transfer bench top development to pilot or plant scale production; participates effectively on cross functional project teams that may include representatives/peers from RDA, Sales, Technical Services, Business, Marketing, Operations, etc., as the needs of the project dictate.
- Coordinate application work stream pipeline for customer driven and innovation projects: Properly allocate application resources in line with business priorities ensuring the quality and efficiency of the of the project through proper data reporting and management of application knowledge for use by internal and external customers.
- Project Management: Provide oversight and management to synthesize/bring synergy to multiple initiatives by establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently, adjusting priorities, establishing management routines to effectively track progress and leveraging resources.
- Subject matter expert: Contributes to the quality of the RDA input in meat and/or food safety related projects, and provide technical insights as well as insights in industry status (technology trends, NBA, science/knowledge); Brings in and translates scientific knowledge to projects and to the business; Liaison with Universities, Research Institutes and other external labs, Consults with other subject matter experts in technology and application teams and from external party/network.
- Bachelor's, Masters or PhD in food science, meat science or microbiology, plus 10+ years related industrial experience, advanced degree preferred
- Microbiology modeling experience, preferred
- 3+ years project management experience
- Ability to set up and manage BSL-2 lab
- Up-to-date working knowledge on meat processes, food safety microbiology and industry best practices
- Excellent communication skills with varying levels of expertise. This includes presenting technical information to customers, technical conferences and upper management
- Strongly networked into the meat industry, academia and associations
- Self-starter with a drive for results and a can-do mentality with the ability to work independently or as a member of a cross functional team
- Customer focus with the ability to help Corbion to continuously make the difference on meat formulation and processing
- Excellent time-management and project management skills
- Travel required, as needed
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.