Vice President of Food Safety & Compliance - Confidential #4099
We are a growing and dynamic company to work with that offers opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
We are now offering an amazing opportunity for a Vice President of Food Safety and Compliance to join our team in the Austin’/Temple, TX area.
The Vice President of Food Safety & Compliance is responsible for leading, directing, and guiding the Food Safety and Compliance and Sanitation departments at all locations. Lead and ensure that the Company’s organic and food safety programs are compliant with all relevant auditing requirements and certifications. Provides leadership and support to deliver results that comply with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Creates a culture that promotes Company Values, Quality and Food Safety and sustainable processes that comply with regulations and policies. Responsible for overall compliance to regulatory standard in relation to, Food Safety, GAP, GMP, HACCP, and others that come up from time to time.
We’re looking for a leader who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in microbiology, food science, engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of food manufacturing industry experience (5+ years of corporate level)
- Possess a strong working knowledge and direct experience with conventional and organic agricultural food production and manufacturing best practices.
- Experience with Food Safety Audits, SQF Certifications, Microbiology and Pest Control
- Knowledge of current SGF trends and programs including GFSI Food Standards, HACCP, GMPs, GAPs, and audit processes.
- Highly driven, motivated, and goal directed who can work and communicate with professionally with all Team members, customers, vendors, visitors, and stakeholders
- First Aid & CPR Certification a plus
- Bilingual – English/Spanish a plus
- Positive energy and contribute as a visionary to the organization
This is a tremendous opportunity to take your Food Safety career to the next level!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.