Quality Control Manager - Confidential #3596
We are looking for a Quality Control Manager whose main responsibility will be to manage all aspects of the Quality Control of all products in the warehouse.
- Completes Inbound inspection reports and communicate to shippers any questions or requests.
- Work with Shipping & Receiving Manager to schedule USDA inspections.
- Follow-up on non-compliant, (out of grade), USDA 8e failed containers (USDA) .
- Fill out required USDA request forms and follow up to ensure all product are in compliance (USDA) .
- Coordinate cold treatment.
- Inspect all outbound orders containing product that has NOT been repacked and advise sales team about orders that can or cannot ship out.
- Monitors daily the quality of all product in-house to ensure items are in-grade and good to ship to our customers.
- Advise repacks on damaged or otherwise defective product when practical to mitigate product shrink and lost revenue for the Company.
- Monitor ethylene levels in coolers by collecting samples and sending out to lab.
- Take pulp readings in coolers daily and record in temp log.
- Collect samples for dry matter during inbound inspections.
- Coordinate QA Program, including conducting dry matter analysis of samples removed from inbound inspections, any other related analyses.
- Record Data related to QA Program.
- Direct forklift drivers to move product that needs QC on/off the dock.
- Provide other departments with assistance when applicable.
- Maintain/clean QC equipment (inspection carts, thermometers, refractometer, knifes, scales, etc.) including USDA equipment.
- Advise on quality of purchase products and determine if product should be refused and put back on truck or accepted into inventory.
- On request complete birddog inspections outside the facility when possible or needed.
- Writing Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service Orientation Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Time Management Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Management of Material Resources Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.