Food Safety Document Control Specialist - Confidential #3626
We have been in operation since 1985 as a grower, shipper, and distributor of fresh fruits and vegetables. Each sales location is staffed with seasoned professionals who understand the importance of timely communication and aggressive sales strategies. We have sales offices throughout the United States.
We have an immediate opening for a Food Safety Document Control Specialist to join our team in our southern CT headquarters. This is an excellent entry-level opportunity to join a growing nationwide produce company.
This is an entry level position, and a great opportunity to get into the Produce Industry. It is also a position with the possibility of upward mobility, including the possibility of training for food safety certifications.
- Manage and maintain Document Control System for Suppliers and Carriers by requesting and reviewing audits and supporting food safety documentation as necessary and manage follow up with suppliers
- Work with new suppliers and carriers during onboarding process
- Monitor produce related food safety alerts on a regular basis and work with QA Manager to execute effective communication of such events to directors, customers, etc
- Manage and maintain Approved Vendor Program
- Create and provide required QA documentation per Customer’s request
- Prioritize and complete on-going tasks assigned by QA Manager
- Stay engaged with produce and transportation food safety best practices and regulatory requirements as they evolve with emerging food safety research to ensure the integrity of Coast to Coast Produce’s Food Safety program
- Establish and maintain effective channels of communication with internal and external contacts
- Ability to adjust tasks and focus in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities with a high degree of accuracy
- High level of proficiency with written and verbal communication as well as effective listening skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary databases and QA specific software
- Ability to identify and resolve problems independently and with sound judgement
- Ability to demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and dependability in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, flexibility, enthusiasm and teamwork
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.