Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manager #3420S
- Ensure that all work activities of direct and indirect reports are performed with attention to the highest standards of food safety & quality, maintaining compliance with all appropriate legal requirements and a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility meet the facility Food Safety and Quality Plans.
- Manage finished product evaluation system and provide leadership to drive improvements in key customer/consumer Quality attributes.
- Train personnel and maintain all relevant records on critical food safety and quality requirements.
- Maintain all registries as required by LGMA, FDA, USDA and GFSI.
- Provide guidance and leadership in situations where a potential risk has been identified related to food safety and/or quality.
- Reassess Food Safety plan(s) whenever there is a change to program, process, procedure, specification, equipment, industry philosophy, technology, etc.
- Direct interface and management of the sanitation department ensuring proper pre-operational procedures and environmental testing as required.
- Direct management of quality assurance staff to ensure alignment of business needs and conditions.
- Develop and maintain systems to assure facility meets all food safety and quality system requirements including document control and records, equipment and environment specifications, maintaining food safety, product identification and traceback/recall requirements.
- Leads activities including but not limited to: HACCP system, regulatory audits, quality systems review process (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures, incoming Raw material inspections, product scoring, Food Safety and GMP audits, Pest Control programs and customer or consumer complaint resolution.
- Manage coordination and cooperation with on-site audits performed by FDA, GFSI, USDA or customer auditors.
- Interact with and respond to customers regarding compliance issues, specifications, and quality issues.
- Five (5) plus years work experience in Quality Assurance/Food Safety in a produce manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of FSMA, Preventive Controls, Produce Safety Rule, HACCP, GMP, Sanitation, and quality and food safety programs required.
- Proven record of team management.
- Excellent team building skills to build high morale and group commitment to goals and objectives through training, coaching and feedback to provide sustainable growth of team members.
- Database management, i.e. JET, NAV, SQL, doForms, Excel.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrated self-motivation.
- Excellent writing communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and influence with diplomacy to all levels of plant personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or related discipline preferred.
- PCQI Certification or ability to achieve certification.
- Seasonal relocation between Salinas, CA and Yuma, AZ.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Must have personal integrity, flexibility, dependability, ability to work within policy guidelines and ability to work independently.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to growers, customers, clients, sales, upper management and other employees of the organization.
- Budget and P&L experience.
- Outstanding project management and planning skills.
- Leading by example and leading by doing to demonstrate appropriate behavior and work ethic.
The QA Manager is responsible for executing the SQF (Safe Quality Food) system in the plant. Basic requirements are:
- Must have completed a HACCP training course.
- Must be competent to implement and maintain a HACCP based food safety plan.
- Have un understanding of the current SQF code and the requirements to implement and maintain SQF system relevant to the scope of certification.
Must be ready and willing to accept a high level of responsibility and accountability in relation to the management of the SQF system.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.