Experienced Food Technology & Quality Assurance Professional - Confidential #3957
A $40M industrial food ingredients company headquartered in Reno, NV. The company has been in business for 30+ years, has been steadily growing and consistently profitable.
The company has contract manufacturers in China, Mexico, Peru and California.. It imports food products into the USA and distributed throughout out North America to retail branded food manufacturers.
- Ability to develop, implement & maintain a total quality program that ensures consistent quality, food safety & regulatory compliance
- Sound understanding & experience in:- Quality Assurance & Quality Control, Food Safety, Processing, Equipment, Thermal processing [high & low acids], retort, hot fill & hold, etc.
- Aseptic processing knowledge
- IQF, Freeze Dried, Dehydrated
- Processing experience with products similar to the following:- Capsicums – diced & purees, Garlic – dehydrated & reconstituted, Sauces – Sriracha, Sambal, Chipotle, Harissa, tomato, Ginger, Caramelized Onions, other similar formulated products
- Proficient with Statistical Process Control, HACCP, FISMA
- Ability to communicate in Spanish is a requirement
- Ability to travel 40% to 65% [primarily Mexico, Peru, China]
- Bachelor’s degree in food science / food technology required – masters a plus
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.