Food Safety Manager - Confidential #4075
Are you ready to lead Food Safety for one of the Northeast’s most reputable distributors of fresh produce?
For more than a century, we have been supplying New England with the best fresh produce available. We have built our strong reputation by consistently offering high quality products and excellent service to our retail, foodservice and wholesale customers. We value our employees and encourage them to contribute their ideas and expertise to work towards the common goal of servicing our customers at a level that is second to none.
As we look forward to the future, we seek to hire an experienced Food Safety Manager to join our team. In this multi-disciplinary role, you will be responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance for wholesale produce distribution in a PrimusGFS-certified cold storage facility, including organic produce as a USDA NOP-certified organic handler. As our leader of Food Safety, you will oversee the scheduling and coordination of all facility maintenance and sanitation as well as ensuring customer business requirements are met. You will be fully accountable for the monitoring, verification, and validation of those areas. You will ensure that all company activities are performed with attention to the highest standards of food safety and traceability, and with attention to continuous process improvement.
This is an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level with one of the most established produce companies in the northeast. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and a family-like company culture that welcomes new ideas. Benefits include company-paid insurance premiums, 401k plan, and paid time off. Some relocation expenses may be reimbursed.
- Manage customer and vendor communication to ensure compliance at all levels
- Manage all relevant documents, document management systems, and records
- Manage the maintenance and sanitation of all storage equipment and facilities, in coordination with Warehouse Manager and outside contractors
- Manage monthly environmental sampling including collection of swabs, review of results, corrective actions
- Manage on-site audits, food safety team meetings, and personnel food safety training
- Arrange consultation, when necessary, for program changes, updates, and audit assistance
- Provide guidance and leadership in the event of a product recall
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related science; and/or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience managing a GFSI-level food safety program and demonstrated successful audit experience (fresh produce experience a plus)
- Experience navigating business requirements at customer and vendor levels
- Comprehensive knowledge of food safety, traceability systems, document management systems, and regulatory issues
- Flawless organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics applications helpful
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.