Leads the development and implementation of corporate quality and food safety strategies and programs to support the company’s growth and performance objectives. Areas of responsibility include manufacturing quality assurance programs and performance; co-packer and key supplier quality assurance programs and performance; and corporate food safety programs. Champions continuous improvement in our processes, our people, and our infrastructure.
This description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job. This job may be changed or assume additional duties at any time. The employee may be requested to perform different or additional duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Functions Only:
• Lead, prioritize, and coordinate activities of the quality assurance department overseeing our manufacturing operations, as well as key suppliers.
• Integrate our people, service, product, and brand objectives in the development of corporate quality and compliance strategies to support the company’s growth and performance objectives.
• Execute the strategy of the quality assurance department. Develop and manage the corresponding department budget.
• Champion continuous improvement culture with structured prioritization aligned with business strategies: Establish and implement process improvements that reduce transactional cost, increase profitability, promote cross-functional alignment, incorporates standard work instructions, and eliminates waste at all touch points to include policy review and design.
• Lead the review, analysis and implementation of quality system improvements to improve both plant product quality and key supplier product quality as measured by internal scorecards and external customer feedback.
• Collaborates with Vice President of Operations and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
• Provide oversight in the design/revision and implementation of best known programs, policies and practices across all areas of responsibility.
• Directly interacts with functional groups, such as, product development, marketing and sales operations management for all R&D activities.
• Maintains approved suppliers list, including appropriate rating and quality improvement plans for suppliers.
• Coordinates internal and external compliance audits, SOP review, and training and implementation for quality initiatives.
• Conducts third party supplier audits with key suppliers to ensure CCC Quality Standards are met.
• Coordinates inspections and audits to ensure GMPs, SOPs, company practices and procedures and government regulations, including safety rules and regulations are followed and documented
• Oversees federal / state / industry required activities to ensure compliance across all lines of safety, quality and legality.
• Cascade strategies by creating and reviewing analyses of activities, costs, and operations. Develop corresponding forecast data to determine department progress toward stated KPI goals, and coach accordingly.
• Responsible for building, developing, and retaining talent necessary to drive a high-performance team, along with ensuring succession planning is in place.
• Foster learning environment by supporting training and development of team.
• Provide appropriate recognition as team reaches continuous improvement goals and objectives.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university required, preferably in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering, Biology or Quality.
• 3-5 years of technical and production experience in Quality Assurance Management, Food and/or Beverage Manufacturing, or related field.
• Experience in application of process measurement and evaluation, including basic statistical knowledge, e.g., SPC.
• Valid driver’s license required. Must have or/obtain certification from AIB (American Institute of Baking) in Food Safety and Sanitation, PCQI and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
• Familiar with Quality Assurance, Statistical, and mechanical terminology.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good level of competency of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Ability to work with database inventory management software and handheld software.
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
• Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to stand; walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs;
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office Environment: Most of the duties of this position will be perform inside an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Plant Environment-While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment from production machinery is usually very loud.
Employees should demonstrate behaviors that support established company values.
Our People We are a high performance company with emphasis on teamwork and employee care.
Our Integrity We have the courage to always do what is right.
Our Customers We have a personal commitment to provide exceptional products, services, and solutions.
Our Safety We champion safe behaviors for ourselves, our fellow employees, and our community.
Our Brand Everything we do has to be as good as our coffee.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge