Sr. Quality Assurance Supervisor
At Church Brothers Farms and True Leaf Farms, we believe our most valuable resource is our team of people from the field, trucks, salad processing plant to the office. Their safety and well-being reflects on the product we produce day in and day out.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position serves as a supervisor for HACCP, GMP, Organic, between all quality/food safety programs including but not limited to microbiological testing, Organic Integrity, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) programs, in-house and third-party audits, quality evaluations and compliance certifications. This position supports QA management to ensure full compliance with quality and food safety regulations established by True Leaf Farms, LLC. This position rotates between shifts, working holidays and weekends, and flexible hours based on business demands.
- Supervises and assures QA Technicians on the floor are meeting regulatory and company food safety polices/standards throughout all phases of the manufacturing process.
- Closely monitors quality and food safety parameters in accordance with specifications and SOP's.
- Reports QA/Food Safety major issues to the QA Manager/VP of Technical Services.
- Directly supports and coordinate pre-operation inspection of the manufacturing facility. Coordinates and supervises ATP testing and environmental swabbing.
- Directs GMP inspections, elaborate GMP reports, and reports issues to management.
- Reviews HACCP documentation submitted by QA technician during the shift. Maintains records of HACCP verifications and Corrective actions. Keeps hold records for any suspected products.
- Enters Quality/Food Safety information into computer database in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Creates quality reports on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Elaborates full daily QA reports of discrepancies that occurred during production shifts. Follows up with product on hold and corrective actions.
- Manages the disposition of products on hold as directed by the QA manager.
- Supports QA manager with investigation of problems on the production floor and provide recommendations through root cause analysis.
- Encourages production employees to follow all GMP/Safety requirements at all times by leading the example. Cooperate with production supervisors and managers and ensure compliance with all Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Hazard Communication, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 - Section 110, and FSM
- Leads meeting with QA technicians and provide full training based on SOP (Standard Operation Process).
- Trains the Plant QA Technicians at the beginning of every season and upon hiring in food safety, quality standards and good manufacturing practices.
- Participates in testing of new products by evaluation quality and spec tolerances.
- Reviews retain samples to understand better the quality performance of processed products. Reports and explains issues noted and looks for possible solutions/improvement.
- Adapts to other duties and responsibilities assigned by QA management without previous notice.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation of leafy greens raw materials and finished goods.
- Supports the QA receiving team to monitor incoming raw leafy greens. Provides full details to QA manager for final dispositions of non-conformance products.
- Evaluates precision and accuracy of QA testing equipment and any other analytical equipment.
- Assist the Quality manager in maintaining inventory of QA supplies and testing equipment.
- Suggests and implements changes in working conditions and use of techniques to increase efficient QA results.
- Analyzes and resolves problems regarding QA/Food Safety or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records. Supports the QA management team to achieve labor goals based on company rules.
- Confers with other supervisors (production, receiving, and shipping, sanitation) to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Confers with workers' representatives and Human Resources to resolve any grievances. Provides weekly safety/food safety trainings.
- Covers QA technician positions when needed
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Ag Science, Microbiology, or a related field of science/or AA degree with minimum of 5 years of job experience (Same field).
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of related experience in a food systems or food manufacturing environment with increasing levels of responsibility and authority; 3+ years of leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of fruit & fresh produce raw materials, production processes, quality control and cost management.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to travel/relocate as required
- English speaking, reading, and writing are required. Bi-lingual is a plus but not required.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to a cold (34-36 degrees F) and wet manufacturing environment, the smell of chlorine, outside weather conditions, uneven walking surfaces, heavy machinery, forklift traffic and loud noise.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.