Quality Assurance Assistant Manager
GROW WITH US
A job at Chobani is more than just that - it's the opportunity to look forward to every day ahead. We share passion, dedication, and sheer love for what we do.
So, what are you waiting for?
In this exciting role, your responsibilities will include assisting the Quality Assurance Manager to develop, establish, and enforce quality assurance standards and measures for the overall quality and food safety within the organization.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Collaborate with management to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, laws, standards and company policies, and ensure plant is inspection ready at all times
- Lead/Assist in quality and supplier nonconformance RCA/CAPA process. If problem has been identified, determine root cause, corrective action steps and validate corrective action measures
- Investigate microbial issues associated with in-process and finished goods. Investigate root cause of issues, generate corrective action plans, and ensure follow-ups and report outs to prevent recurrences
- Create methodologies and processes for the collection and analysis of data ensuring accuracy and reliability for overall product quality evaluation
- Train, coach, and mentor QA staff; plan and conduct performance appraisals of QA staff, interview, hire, and administer disciplinary action as necessary
- Oversee facility Core Quality Training program to ensure all required topics are presented and training completion is tracked for each plant employee
- Develop/revise/review company standards, SOPs, and forms to ensure accuracy to current programs and processes and regulatory compliance
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established company standards, FDA and NYSDAM requirements, customer requirements and SQF code
- Oversee Document Control ensuring proper tracking for all new document creation, changes to existing documents and approvals
- Support facilities Food Safety and HACCP plans as well as the SQF program
- Provide coverage in the absence of the Quality Assurance Supervisor when needed
- Serve as back up in the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager
- Perform all duties as assigned
- Follow Chobani safety procedures
- Follow good manufacturing practices
The requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years of quality assurance experience within the food safety industry, in the dairy preferred
- Minimum 2-year supervisory experience or minimum 4 years in a leadership position
- Strong leadership, training, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal and presentation skills to drive results
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, and accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America and the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives and strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, and a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.