Quality Assurance and Production Manager
Cheesemaking in Texas is not common. But we feel strongly about manufacturing our cheese in the Lone Star State. Our manufacturing plant in Montgomery County has co-packing capabilities, pilot, plant, product development, label development, unique sizes and packaging options and a nutritional dataset and testing capabilities.
We are searching for a hands on, do-it-all senior manager to help oversee our entire operation. The ideal candidate will be required to build a team with the Production and warehouse supervisors, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, Customer Service and existing employees to accomplish all our corporate goals with a focus on Food Safety, Production and Maintenance of our facility.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate, develop, implement, revise and update, verify that policies and practices relating to the Certified Food Safety System.
- Revise, validate and log changes to Food Safety Fundamentals (GMP or Prerequisite Programs) and Food Safety (HACCP) Plans that have an impact on CMI's ability as well as Suppliers’ ability to deliver safe, quality food.
- Complete Food Safety System reviews and report to Senior Management as per the Certified Food Safety System outline.
- Work with management to schedule and conduct quarterly internal audits. Report results to Plant Management and Senior Management.
- Train employees on program content and requirements where necessary, both in English and Spanish.
- Responsible for Supplier Food Safety Assessments.
- Oversee all aspects or cheese production, from receipt of raw materials to the shipping of finished product. You must be able to literally “DO IT ALL”, including general maintenance and repair of machinery.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Food Sanitation, Production, Quality and Maintenance.
- Valid Texas Driver’s license.
- Legal to Work in the USA.
- Live within 30 min. drive to plant.
- College Degree from Accredited (4) Year College Degree. Prefer BS Degree in Food Science or have Equivalent work experience.
- SQF Practitioner Training and HACCP Training = Must be Certified as a SQF Level III Practitioner within (6) Months of Start Date.
- FSMA - Food Safety Modernization Act Training with HARPC - Hazard Analysis Risk based Preventative Controls and certified as a PCQI – Preventative Control Qualified Individual.
- Knowledgeable on computer systems and software (MS Office – Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Mechanically inclined or capable of capable of creating systems to maintain equipment.
- Extremely organized, with the ability to track multiple activities involving numerous details.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Outstanding problem solving skills and good judgment in dealing with competing priorities.
- Experience and knowledgeable level of inventory management.
- Knowledgeable of warehouse shipping and receiving procedures.
- Knowledge of foodservice operation and sanitation.
- Punctual, Good attitude, and Goal oriented.
- Honest, Common sense, and Sense of Urgency.
- Capability to work in 36-degree environment.
- Capability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- On Call 24 hours a day on a rotating schedule.
- Pass a Drug Test and Criminal Background Check.
- Random drug screens are conducted.
- Close Campus – Must Eat lunch at Plant – Make sure office rotates for lunch to answer the phone and man the receiving window.
Yes, we’re asking for a lot. But in return we are offering you the opportunity to lead our team toward achieving our company and personal goals. After a 90-day probational period, we also offer health insurance for the employee (available for employee’s family at additional cost), 9 paid holidays per year, and accrued vacation after one years employment. Base Salary plus bonus program also included.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.