Quality Assurance Supervisor
You may know us for our delicious cheesecakes…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” 7 years in a row! What you may not know is at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our staff members are our highest quality ingredient.
As the Quality Assurance Supervisor reporting to the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager, you will work with a team of approximately 15 staff members at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery in Rocky Mount, NC. As the QA Supervisor, you will be responsible for the activities involved in assuring the food safety and quality of all products produced in a shift during a six-day per week operation to meet company service, quality, cost, safety, and people objectives for a bakery with more than 700 total staff members that create delicious cheesecakes and memorable experiences.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Service oriented: you are a people person who is systematic and trustworthy interacting constructively with peers or teams of various levels demonstrating strong, positive communication skills.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Improvement focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better”.
- An experienced people manager: you are at home managing and elevating a team. You lead by example and enable your staff to realize their potential.
Here’s more of what you’ll get to do:
- Supervise the Quality Assurance Lab and Floor Technicians, and develop and implement new methods, procedures, and systems to improve quality performance.
- Assure presence of specifications and all PQG documentation on the all lines (finishing and baking).
- Monitor the organization of PQG data collected on all three shifts and the retain samples (library) program.
- Monitor and ensure product traceability and employee practices to aid in a pest-free environment.
- Ensure adherence to our food safety programs including HACCP.
- Follow up with the PQG certification program to ensure all finished goods meet specifications.
- Follow up with implemented programs to ensure compliance with Good Management Practices (GMP’s) by all employees and other supervisors.
- Aid in the administration of biological monitoring procedures to determine the efficacy of sanitation methods.
- Supervise operations to comply with all applicable safety laws and regulation, as well as Company safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Manage operations to maintain a SUPERIOR rating from the annual AIB inspection.
What we require:
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in Quality Assurance or a related field.
- Basic Technical Writing Skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- A.A., B.A. or B.S. degree in the field of science (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science or Technology, etc.) or equivalent experience.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For”, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates more than 290 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas Hills, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas Hills, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create all of the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and we offer The Cheesecake Factory Bakery and The Cheesecake Factory Bakery at Home branded cheesecakes and desserts in retail and food service outlets nationwide. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-VerifyEmployer andprovides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.