Quality Assurance Manager
You may know us for our delicious cheesecakes…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” 8 years in a row! What you may not know is at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our staff members are our highest quality ingredient.
Reporting to the VP, Food safety and Quality Assurance, you will work with a staff of approximately 14 team members and will be in a hands-on key leadership position overseeing the Quality Assurance/Quality Control functions for a three shift, five to six-day, 120,000 square foot manufacturing operation. The Quality Assurance Manager is the host and over sees all plant external and internal audits (e.g. SQF, Gluten Free, USDA PEEPEV, Halal, Kosher, State, Federal, select customer and TCFBI Compliance audits).
In addition, this position manages the department budget and related spending, trains team members and participates in continuous improvement with strong collaboration lines to the Plant Manager and Operations Leader for a bakery with more than 700 total staff members that create delicious cheesecakes and memorable experiences.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- An Experienced People Manager: you’re at home managing and elevating a team. You lead by example and enable your staff to realize their potential.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift, learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs and willing to work various shifts and extended hours if necessary.
- Improvement Focused: you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better or faster?".
Here’s more of what you’ll get to do
- Manage the quality and food safety programs.
- Manage the department budget.
- Manage and schedule Quality Assurance staff in support of the production schedule.
- Manage in house Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC) assessed laboratory.
- Participate in continuous improvement actions/initiatives.
What we require:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Quality Assurance, bakery plant preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Manager.
- Experience with Formal food safety training.
- Experience with Internal and external manufacturing food and safety audits.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good collaboration skills.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or related scientific field.
What we prefer:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Training in Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCFHF).
About the Company
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®”, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated currently owns and operates 295 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Canada. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas Hills, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas Hills, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and offer The Cheesecake Factory Bakery and The Cheesecake Factory Bakery at Home branded cheesecakes and desserts in retail and food service outlets nationwide. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.