JOB FILLED - Quality Assurance Technician
Our heritage is driven by our commitment to the core values of People, Quality and Growth; our employees demonstrate, promote and exemplify our core values.
At C.H. Guenther and our subsidiaries we demonstrate high integrity, a commitment to excellence, and a positive attitude in all that we do. We are results driven, lead by example, communicate openly and honestly, value diversity and foster long-term relationships.
Ensures through established testing methods that products meet the specifications of customer defined targets and to work to reduce the variability around these targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs various product tests by testing batches, conducting taste test on finished product; checking ingredients and recipes; and logging results and correcting any discrepancies.
- Communicates with key personnel within the organization regarding the status of ingredients and product; maintains contracts outside the organization for the specifications and requirements of raw materials; also provides support to other quality assurance functions as needed. Manages raw ingredients through inspections; prepares hold reports and hold tags; informs necessary personnel and/or departments to determine the disposition of items on hold. Completes necessary daily duties such as entering daily production data into the computer; filing paperwork and completing various reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The position requires the knowledge necessary to understand the basic operational, technical and office processes.
- Ability to use computer and job related software as well as various office equipment as needed to perform job functions.
- The ability to promote a product through product knowledge and sales techniques.
- The ability to use a variety of kitchen equipment and utensils; and the ability to utilize various meters and analyzers.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust, fumes, odors, humidity, darkness, and/or noise.
- Work environment involves moderate exposure to physical risks, such as working around mechanical, chemical, fire hazards and electrical hazards.
- Position requires the ability to stand and walk around the laboratory during product testing. Must have the ability to lift, carry, pull, push and reach in order to perform various functions. Must be able to see in order to observe and record results; and be able to utilize fine dexterity. Must be able to communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
- Personal protective equipment, as defined by C.H. Guenther and Sons, will be provided.
- Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Quality Prerequisite programs as assigned by the plant’s SQF practitioner.
We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefit programs that include medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K savings plan, and more.
For additional information about our company, go to www.chg.com.
C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify participating employers.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.