Quality Control Technician
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for knowing regulations and standards for food safety compliance in accordance with all BRC, FDA and global food safety regulations. Responsible for performing tests on products while in the production stage of manufacturing to ensure compliance with product specifications and all food safety guide lines and regulations. Responsible for reporting testing results to production so that any necessary changed can be made. May also test raw materials and finished products.
- Conduct tests and inspections of products and processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Interpret test results, recognize when there is a problem and communicate to quality control management and production as needed to maintain specification compliance.
- Work in conjunction with production to ensure the best possible product is being manufactured in accordance with GMP’s, HACCP, & internal/external specifications.
- Close out production reports.
- Be familiar with GMP’s, HACCP, SSOP’s, Kosher, HALAL, & GFSI (specifically BRC).
- Perform all QC line change over duties.
- Utilize the Hold/Quarantine Program to ensure that all products are manufactured within the customers’ set specifications and approved prior to shipping or release.
- This is an entry level position. Training is provided for all Major Accountabilities.
- Complete regulatory documents as required.
- Record keeping, record retention.
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
- Ensure that lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and operate including: Moisture Analyzer, Water Activity Meter, RoTap Classifier, Colorimeter, and a Digital Caliper.
- Training is provided for proper use of all instrumentation, previous experience not necessary.
- Monitoring, documenting, filing.
Experience: Not required, but it is a plus if you have 6 months or more experience working in a Quality Control laboratory in a Food Manufacturing Environment in a role with regulatory responsibilities. Training and public speaking experience preferred.
Education: High School Diploma or the equivalent.
Skills: Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, able to handle multiple tasks, capable of prioritizing and planning work activities, excellent verbal and written communication, demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness with the ability to improve and promote quality and safety. Must have a working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and Microsoft Windows operating environment.
Working Environment and Physical Demands
Indoors temperature controlled environment-office, laboratory, manufacturing facility; the use of hearing protection may be required at times, along with other personal protective equipment as necessary. Ability to identify various fragrances, scents, and aromas and be able to differentiate between them. Ability to differentiate between various textures grains and consistencies. Position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, climb ladders and steps ,manual dexterity, ability to see details at close range and to differentiate colors, ability to listen and to understand spoken words and phrases, ability to communicate information verbally, ability to read and understand ideas presented in writing, ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so that others will understand. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of a Job Level 3 Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.