Food and Employee Safety Manager
Central Coast Cooling, LLC (CCC) is a full-service produce pre-cooling and cold storage business, while also offering logistics management solutions.
We are currently accepting applications for a Food and Employee Safety Manger to join out team in Salinas, CA.
This person will oversee all Food Safety functions of the company including compliance, documentation, audits, and applicable follow-ups, along with full responsibility for insuring all persons have the safest environment possible for our employees and visitors.
- Must be detail-oriented, professional-minded, and maintain a professional image at all times. The ability to develop, implement, communicate and execute Quality Assurance, Food Safety, GMP, and FSMA compliant programs to all employees in packinghouse, farms, and distributions is essential.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and adhere to corporate policies and practices while representing the Company in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with employees, customers, suppliers, visitors and government agencies.
- Maintain well-organized recordkeeping activities.
- Oversee and maintain all production, farming operation and facility pre-requisite HACCP programs.
- Routine monitoring program effectiveness and objectives to meet company, industry and customer expectations.
- Oversee and ensure adherence to policies and programs that meet corporate goals and provide education on quality, product-security and food safety.
- Facilitate a favorable resolution on all QA and food safety issues, product complaints and product deviations involving consumer safety.
- Develop, implement and execute facility Standard Operating Procedures according to GAP, GMP, HACCP and FSMA requirements and oversee internal and third-party audits.
- Perform safety inspections to identify employee or food safety hazards around the facility and grounds.
- Industrial Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Maintain and implement the various elements of the company’s IIPP.
- Accident/Exposure Reporting and Investigation. Manager and implement the Accident/Exposure Reporting and Investigation program. Ensure the program prescribes methods and practices for reporting and investigating accidents/exposures.
- Worker’s Compensation Claim Management. Review, monitor, and manage the claims process. Manage the early return to work and modified duty program, monitor and analyze accident and injury trends, identify areas of increased training and emphasis of accident prevention.
- Emergency Response Plan. In conjunction with facilities and engineering, ensure company’s ERP is current and implemented. Ensure appropriate individuals are trained in the processes and procedures should the plan be activated.
- Ensure and coordinate all forklift drivers, machine operators, sanitation workers, mechanics, DOT drivers are licensed accordingly, trained and with compliance.
- Maintain companies Personal Protective Equipment, Machine Safety & Equipment usage, Lockout/Tagout, Hazardous Communication etc. are communicated to employees accordingly, and training is performed as required.
- Ensure Record Keeping and Posting Requirements documentation are maintained per mandated record retention regulations.
- Coordinate monthly tailgate meetings are being conducted by all departments with no exception.
- Perform weekly/monthly/quarterly inspections of both plant facilities and report any and all concerns to management.
- Performs confidential duties as an employee relations manager to employees and management on all and any topics.
- Works with Human Resources Management to conduct monthly employee committee meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equal education and work experience combined.
- 3+ years of progressive safety experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA).
- Creativity, innovation and the ability to solve problems and generate viable solutions.
- Must be approachable and effective with ability to influence change across all levels of the organization.
- Must have good time management skills and be able prioritize duties.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, but also sensitive situations where information must be shared on a an ‘need to know’ basis.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) desired.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.