Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
At CAVA + Zoës Kitchen, the number one criteria for being a fit for any role is being a culture fit! That’s why our core values are so important to us.
The Core Values:
• POSITIVITY – We believe in the power of positivity. Every one of us has the ability to change someone’s day for the better.
• TRANSPARENCY – We believe in open and respectful communication. We use transparency to help us make decisions and inform how we talk to each other.
• HUMILITY – We can always find ways to improve. The more we learn, the more we see how much we don’t know and how much we need others to help us learn to grow.
• FANATACISM – We are passionate about our mission and turning every guest into a fanatic. We bring that energy to everything we do.
• THOUGHTFULNESS – To us, every detail matters. We go above and beyond for our guests, our teams, and our communities.
As Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager to develop and manage Food Safety and Quality programs and activities. You will ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and all quality programs, including SQF, GMPs and HACCP. Our ideal candidate is energetic, communicative, and highly organized has a passion for food and adapts to growing change easily.
- Implement and maintain food safety and quality programs that effectively monitor production activities and ensure compliance with regulatory, GMPs, HACCP and SQF level 3 standards for third-party audit and customer requirements.
- Maintain current documentation for all GMPs, SOPs, SSOPs, Work Instructions, Logs and Forms.
- Establish and maintain manufacturing specification, standards, protocols and procedures for new product development, quality control and processing.
- Perform periodic label audits and manage to compliance.
- Develop, organize and administer training of personnel in food safety and quality programs and specifications.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of departmental processes and make strategic recommendations to the management team to correct program deficiencies.
- Monitor and evaluate sanitation activities within the facility to include daily cleaning, preventative maintenance, and master sanitation activities.
- Actively contribute to the data collections, trend analysis, investigations and improvements to processes, products and systems.
- Track and investigate complaint trends.
- Manage product hold and release programs.
- Ensure process and finished product compliance by subcontractors and co-packers.
- Implement and manage internal quality audits
- Manage all aspects of 3rd party audit process including correspondence and corrective actions.
- Work with supply chain quality assurance manager to assess risk of suppliers and ingredients, and implement monitoring programs for incoming raw materials
- Manage and support traceability and recall programs
- Provide technical support and expertise in quality related problem solving, risk analysis and crisis management.
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, food safety, food technology, microbiology, food technology, chemistry or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with managing food safety and quality assurance programs.
- 3+ years in a plant operations setting
- Must have strong leadership, organizational, and planning skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must fit well in a team environment.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of quality systems, food safety programs, Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), GMPs, HACCP, Organic compliance and standards (e.g. NOP), food microbiology, and chemistry.
- Must have an understanding of food safety regulations, laws, and best practices, including those from FDA, USDA, and other state and local agencies
- Ability to work flexible hours, as needed.
- Any combination of the following (Minimum of Two)
- Food science degree
- Microbiological background
- Knowledgeable of FDA regulations
- Prior experience in FDA-inspected facility
- Experience with Food and Drug Administration (Direct Dealing)
- Organic/natural and/or Kosher certification program experience
- GFSI food safety management system experience
Salary Competitive salary
Schedule Full Time
Location 13250 Mid Atlantic Blvd #100, Laurel, MD 20708, USA
- Food Safety
- Quality Assurance
By applying you confirm you have these skills.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.