For nearly 70 years, one name has been synonymous with the finest quality veal and lamb products: Catelli.
Catelli Brothers is the U.S. Meat Division of Fontelli Food Group, a family owned and operated international organization. As part of the largest vertically integrated veal and lamb supplier in North America, the organization oversees every phase of production from farm to table.
We have an immediate opening for a Meat Manager in our Collingswood, NJ Plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for all further processed operation which include production, scheduling and to ensure compliance with the company’s standards and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for proper yield/trim and making sure that packing specifications are being met to Catelli standards.
- Coordination of staffing issues to ensure maximum productivity.
- Reviewing all SSOP, HACCP and GMP standards and procedures to guarantee product wholesomeness.
- Review all positions in the processing area and implement all training procedures in all positions to maximize ergonomic rotation and to ensure proper coverage in key areas.
- Must make sure that any maintenance and sanitation issues need to be addressed in a timely fashion.
- Ability to build a solid team of employees while keeping team spirit and moral up with open communication.
- Review all evaluations and hiring needs in the processing area.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and the sales team to ensure the quality of our product.
- Must be able to work in a multicultural plant.
- Perform other task and projects as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Mechanical skills: ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot packing room equipment. Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to operate a forklift with safety and precision.
- English and Spanish highly preferred but not required.
- Ability to put together a written plan and adjust and communicate timely when that plan changes.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Strong written, verbal and telephone communication skills.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.