Job Filled Quality Assurance Technician
For nearly 70 years, one name has been synonymous with the finest quality veal and lamb products: Catelli.
Catelli Brothers is the U.S. Meat Division of Fontelli Food Group, a family owned and operated international organization. As part of the largest vertically integrated veal and lamb supplier in North America, the organization oversees every phase of production from farm to table.
We are currently accepting applications for a Quality Assurance Technician to join our team in Collingswood, NJ.
The QA Technician is responsible for monitoring the pre-operational and operational sanitation and production related activities that impact the Catelli Brothers Food Safety and Quality Assurance Management System.
- Monitor Food Safety and Quality critical control points and critical quality points respectively.
- Monitor Food Safety and Quality Pre-requisite Programs controls points.
- Perform product inspections to verify adherence to product specifications.
- Accurately document the results of the monitoring activities performed.
- Initiate corrective actions when a deviation is uncovered during a monitoring activity.
- Monitor preventive measures implemented as a result of a deviation.
- Work independently with contracted sanitation during pre-operational sanitation.
- Utilize test equipment to monitor production equipment operation and food safety and quality parameters.
- Collect microbiological samples using aseptic techniques.
- Perform organoleptic shelf life evaluations of finished products.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with plant management, hourly associates and USDA inspection personnel.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Assist management with special projects as needed.
- Job requires workers step, balance, and squat, bend and reach above shoulders as needed.
- Minimum High School graduate or GED preferred.
- Minimum one-year experience in food production from a Food Safety and Quality perspective.
- HACCP Certification is desirable
- Retail Veal and Lamb Cut Identification knowledge is desirable
- Basic computer and electronic tablet device literacy preferred
- Excellent Reading, Writing and Math skills preferred.
- Must be able to work in a cold environment.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.