Job Filled Quality Assurance Supervisor
For nearly 70 years, one name has been synonymous with the finest quality veal and lamb products: Catelli.
Catelli Brothers is the U.S. Meat Division of Fontelli Food Group, a family owned and operated international organization. As part of the largest vertically integrated veal and lamb supplier in North America, the organization oversees every phase of production from farm to table.
Due to continuing growth, we are currently accepting resumes for the position of Quality Assurance Supervisor to join our Food Safety team in our Collingswood, NJ facility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising plant production floor personnel’s implementation of the company’s food safety and quality management system to assure food product integrity and compliance with specifications, SQF, GMP's, HACCP, USDA regulatory and customer standards.
- Maintains good relationships with the USDA, maintenance, production, plant management and contracted service providers.
- Mentors and coaches plant personnel as a form of training and continuous improvement.
- Will be directly involved with corrective action and preventive measure activities.
- Will play a significant role in new product development, validation and implementation.
- Complete projects assigned by the QA Director with minimal supervision.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to food safety and quality.
- Oversee pre-operational sanitation inspection.
- Complete and develop reports using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point).
- Initiate USDA Sketch approvals involving animal production and product quality claims.
- Delegate tasks to QA Techs and follow-up to ensure that they have been properly completed.
- Manage QA Tech scheduling including personal time off and unscheduled absences.
- Knowledge of retail meat cuts and product specifications.
- Bachelors Degree in Meat Science, Food Safety, or Food Science
- Food safety and quality training.
- Basic computer literacy including familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in quality assurance, and food safety management systems.
- Meat and Poultry HACCP and SQF Practitioner certification is desired.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.