- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical faults, plc's, low-high voltage electrical installations, VFD's and valves, as needed for plant maintenance.
- Adhere to strict safety controls and compliance for the safe operation of equipment, components and personal health and safety.
- Perform periodic inspections of electrical systems, providing support for system upgrades and replacements.
- Inspect newly installed electrical equipment and lighting to ensure safe operation as well as code compliance.
- Install electrical wiring, panel construction, control systems, and electrical components.
- Maximize uptime, ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing work orders and preventive maintenance requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed, materials used, and associated costs as necessary for project tracking.
- Participation in employee training as it relates to GMP’s, Health and Safety, periodic technical training as it relates to internal development.
- Daily maintenance shop housekeeping/organization in compliance with Food Safety and GMP Housekeeping programs.
- Special project coordination and technical support.
- High School Education or GED.
- Industrial Electrical Technical courses in Industrial Technology preferred.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in the industrial electrical installations, repairs and technical support for industrial equipment, electrical controls, and ancillary equipment.
- Skilled in all phases of Maintenance to include mechanical and welding.
- Ability to read meters, schematic diagrams, blueprints, rules and other measuring instruments.
- Strong team player - good communication (written and verbal), with the ability to train others.
- Self-motivated with a strong dedication for success, taking pride in workmanship.
- Work effectively in a team environment; have a positive attitude.
- Strong trouble-shooting abilities.
- Experience in the food industry is required but will consider candidates with good trade skills from other processing/production industries.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.