JOB FILLED - Manager of Quality Assurance
Catania Oils under the leadership of the 4th generation, continues to be a leader in the packaging and processing of edible oils. Our unwavering commitment to excellence, our continuous improvement process, and our desire to be the best in the industry is what continues to drive us each and every day. We currently have an opening for a top notched Manager of Quality Assurance, committed to product excellence.
The Manager of Quality is responsible for daily quality operational objectives, promotes, develops, and oversees compliance with the company quality system. Effectively assuring compliance with customer requirements by managing quality policies, standards, procedures, programs, and practices while driving and facilitating continuous improvement. Assures quality products and processes by establishing and enforcing quality standards; testing materials and product.
Responsible for leading quality production operation throughout the (onsite) manufacturing of Catania oils products:
- Establishing and enforcing food safety programs, plans, and quality standards; and documenting results.
- Supervise all the operations of Quality Assurance Technicians.
- Manages quality-related operation and audit needs.
- Oversea production line quality tracker report and analysis of the report and trending category of an issue every month.
- Support production in establishing a technically and scientifically based support to determine capability and conformance.
- Maintains and improves product quality by investigating customer complaints; Documentation of all correction or corrective action and analysis of at least one most trending issue a month.
- Serve as a customer service and sales support based on technical needs of the customers.
Responsible for leading and co-leading of Food Safety, Quality System, customers and regulatory audits (FDA, SQF, QAI, NGP, RSPO and Customers).
- Evaluating/creating/auditing all programs and policies as needed for certification the Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards.
- Acts as SQF Practitioner; HACCP Coordinator, Preventive Controls Qualified Individual.
- Manage internal Food Safety, SQF, GMP Audits, pre-op inspection and implement corrective actions based on audit results.
- Customer complaints investigation and managing corrective action response.
- Manages Food Safety System and updates records related to FSMA, HACCP, and HARPC.
Liaise with the regulatory, sanitation and laboratory team to solve operational, suppliers quality Issues and corrective actions.
- Coordinate with the laboratory team on additives, COA, and hold and release of products.
- Coordinate with the regulatory team on document control and other applicable QA matters.
Reviews and co-approves all product labels according to the NLEA.(Temporary pending proper staffing regulatory)
Responsible for coordinating and documenting Food Safety Training Programs.
Develop, review, and update standard operating procedures related to Food Safety and Quality.
Minimum of Bachelor Degree in
Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or related field
Experience in Manufacturing Food Quality - Experience with edible oils a strong plus
Strong analytical and computer skills
Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
Strong knowledge of manufacturing, food processing, HACCP, GMP’s, SSOP’s and FSMA’s Regulatory Landscape.
Must be able to juggle multiple competing projects
Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
Proven ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects
Ability to read and interpret documents such as food safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure Manuals.
Located under 1 hour from the Boston area, come join us!
Equal Opportunity Employer
*Third Party Recruiters please do not respond to his advertisement
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.