Director of QA - Ohio Division
The QA Director will provide leadership, direction and execution of all plant quality functions. They will act as plant authority on quality matters and work in conjunction with Operations staff to ensure product quality, safety standards and quality goals are always maintained, and all customer specifications are met.
The position is responsible for directing the Quality Assurance Departments in both plants in the Ohio Division, to include selecting, developing, and motivating team members to achieve organizational goals. The position acts as a key company representative for customers on quality matters and is expected to elevate the overall quality performance at each location as measured by internal and external matrices.
The QA director’s position is expected to create and maintain a culture of quality and food safety at each location through leadership, self-performance and program development/management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Manages all activities of the Quality Assurance Department in a manner which results in consistent product quality and safety results as measured through the company matrix, customer specifications and regulatory mandates.
- Develops, documents, and implements Quality processes/procedures to ensure product safety and quality is always monitored and maintained.
- Leads all Quality efforts at the plants and creates and maintains an excellent relationship with all customers.
- Enforces Case Farms food safety standards as outlined in the plants HACCP, LCP (if applicable), Salmonella/Campy Standards and other programs, maintain the required documentation to verify compliance.
- Is the catalyst for leading continuous improvement through technology and scientific research to take the plants quality program(s) to the next level.
- Provides leadership and is an active member of all project teams to ensure product quality and food safety concerns are addressed at assigned plants.
- Maintains open communications with Corporate QA, plant management, sales and marketing staffs to ensure each are aware of any potential quality or food safety related concerns with product or product requirements/specifications.
- Develops a professional working relationship and acts as a plant liaison with USDA staff.
- Develops staff through appropriate mentoring and continuing education efforts. Ensures Case Farms Quality programs are properly communicated, and plant employees have a working knowledge of the programs through training and mentoring.
- Provides timely, accurate and relevant data and analysis to plant and corporate management.
- BS Degree or higher in the area of poultry, meat, or food science.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a QA with heavy experience with QSR customers and an in-depth understanding of Fast Food operations or equivalent experience in leadership roles and a proven track record.
- Good analytical and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Must have or complete certification status as Certified Food Safety Manager or equivalent with in twelve-months.
- Knowledge of poultry/Food processing principles;
- Understanding of management principles and team concepts.
- General knowledge of plant functions – production, maintenance; warehouse; shipping and sanitation.
- HACCP Certified and very strong HACCP and regulatory skills.
- Work activity is in an office environment.
- Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings.
- Physical ability to travel to other Case Farms complex locations as needed. Requires out of town travel and overnight trips occasionally.
- Must be able to access and work in wet, slippery environments when out in the field.
- Exposed to climate-controlled office environments, outside conditions and processing plant conditions.
- May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another.
- May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
Case Farms is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Case Farms participates in the E-Verify system and uses tools made available by the federal government to confirm employment eligibility of all team members. Persons offered employment are required to provide documentation proving their employment eligibility, and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the E-Verify process.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.