Quality Assurance Food Safety Manager
Quality Assurance Manager 631 Grove St, Jersey City, NJ 07310
QUALITY ASSURANCE FOOD SAFETY MANAGER
The Quality Assurance Food Safety Manager functions as a key member of the senior management team by being responsible for leading all aspects of quality, food safety, manufacturing regulations and overall sanitation within the facility. The QAFSM is responsible for developing, monitoring and maintaining Quality Assurance systems and programs to assure product integrity and compliance with SQF, GMP's, HAACP, company regulatory and customer standards. They must also promote healthy, clean processing standards, documentation, and training and employee development.
DIRECT REPORT: Head Corporate Members, Director of Research and Development
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance Management experience
- BA/BS Degree, Science or Food Technology
- Advanced education in food related technology, safety or management is preferred.
- Certification and training in HACCP, Food Handling/ ServSafe, CCP’s required.
- Experience working with regulatory agency representatives such as USDA, FDA, SQF and BRC certification requirements is required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and ability to adapt to different needs and working styles of managers
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently as well as part of a team to help achieve corporate goals
- Resourceful problem solver with ability to prioritize and tackle tasks each week
- Trustworthy and reliable with confidential communications
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through an ever-changing and dynamic operational condition
- Fluent in Spanish preferred
- Responsible to ensure production is operating at the maximum the highest level of food safety standards.
- Responsible to oversee and manage the safe production of all bakery products that meet company objectives. Monitor, report and fix raw material and processing deviations to standards.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management and R & D teams to ensure food standards are being meant.
- Responsible for implementation and training GMP’s and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Works closely with the R & D and production teams to document product runs, results, timing, proper date codes, samples and trials.
- Responsible to ensure the highest quality standards and good business relations are maintained with customers and governing agency representatives, such as USDA and FDA.
- Verifies food safety and quality from supplier factories from raw material stage to finished product. Verifies texture, visual quality, shelf life, extended shelf life, temperature logs, packing alternatives along with R & D team.
- Trains team members and visitors on GMP’s, sanitation and food security standards required by GMP's, HACCP, CCP’s and QA related SOP's/ SSOP’s.
- Will prepare regular reports and KPI’s to establish daily accomplishments and efforts toward meeting objectives.
- May oversee the launch of new products or trials, gathering and documenting customer and employee feedback. May participate in sensory and test panels, documenting the results.
- Ensures staff enforces rules, adhere to safety, food safety, company policies and procedures. .
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Training of Production employees (HACCP. Food Safety etc.) and Conduct training of (GMP, HACCP ) for new employees
By applying to this job, you agree to receive a text message with a link to your profile as well as a text message when an employer has responded to your application.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.