Quality Assurance Specialist
At Caribou Coffee we create day-making experiences that spark a chain reaction of GOOD! This is our purpose. Our team brings this to life by focusing on what’s really important around here – TEAM, GUEST, QUALITY! It’s that simple. If you’re ready to work somewhere you can be yourself while making an impact on your community, creating life-long relationships, and serving the best coffee around, join our herd! Apply today and be part of the ‘BouCrew!
Maintain internal quality assurance processes that are developed by the Sr. Manager of Supply Chain Quality Assurance. Develop and maintain positive company supplier relationships for the purpose of maintaining supplier compliance regarding regulatory documents and product specifications. Maintain the level of professionalism that is required when dealing with food safety and product quality while remembering to have fun at the same time!
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Review Supplier Approval documents, which include but are not limited to specifications, HACCP plans and product process flow.
- Collect nutritional information for new products/ingredients and upload information into company database that will be used for recipe development by the R&D department.
- Update specifications of internal and external products/ingredients for domestic and international uses.
- Assist in product non-conformance investigations with company stores, distribution centers, internal supply chain departments and suppliers.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly supplier-based product non-conformance inquiries to identify trends and establish corrective actions.
- Use Caribou software solution to research and track all consumer quality complaints and inquiries.
- Work with suppliers on identified quality complaints and concerns to ensure quick resolution and CAP implemented by the supplier.
- Work cross functionally with internal and external business partners.
- Provide Food Safety/Quality Assurance support by attending and participating in appropriate business channel meetings and/or conference calls.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of emerging and current regulations applicable to Caribou Coffee’s business and products.
- Knowledgeable in ESHA software / nutritional databases.
- Knowledge of Food Safety/Quality Assurance and/or Food Science.
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal, ability to simplify complex quality/ food safety issues for the intended audience.
- Ability to leverage knowledge and expertise to represent Caribou.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task.
- Computer skills required, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- 1+ years of experience in Food Safety/Quality Assurance for a major retailer or QSR within North America.
- Prior experience reviewing/ maintaining quality and food safety processes and policies that comply with regulatory requirements for food and beverage, in either a manufacturing or corporate restaurant company.
- Prior experience with Food Safety programs and system: GFSI (SQF or BRC preferred), internal auditing, cGMP’s, HACCP, FSMA.
- Knowledge of state and local regulatory requirements (21 CFR, Food Code, State/Local Food Safety Regulations).
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field.
- International QSR in Food Safety/Quality Assurance experience a plus.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodation.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou and Einstein reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Caribou or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Company and Einstein Noah Restaurant Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and do not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.
Address: | 3900 Lakebreeze Ave N , Brooklyn Center, Minnesota 55429 |
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical demands may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Caribou Coffee reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the company or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Company”) are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and individuals with Disabilities and do not discriminate based on gender identity or sexual orientation.
3900 Lakebreeze Ave N
Brooklyn Center, MN 55429
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.