Food Safety Compliance Officer
Are you an experienced Food Safety professional looking to take your career to the next level?
Do you have?
- A Four-year degree in a food science, food safety or a related scientific field.
- At least 5 years of experience with the leafy greens or food industry.
- Significant experience and background with food safety issues and on-farm food safety practices.
- Produce Safety Alliance (FDA Produce Rule) certification.
- Experience with food safety inspections.
- Experience with food safety standards development (GFSI, commodity standards etc.)
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) Preferred.
- Experience with root cause analysis
- A graduate degree of PHD in Food Science, Food Safety, Environmental Health or similar field is preferred.
If so, we want to talk to you.
The California Leafy Green Products Handler Marketing Agreement and the Arizona Food Safety Committee (the LGMA Programs) are seeking a qualified third party to serve as Compliance Officer for both programs. The Compliance Officer is expected to begin his/her duties on or about April 1, 2020 in California; summer of 2020 in Arizona.
The Compliance Officer with be an independent contractor who operates on a year-round basis, as on-farm food safety audits take place on a year-round basis. The selected individual or firm must be available to review and act on audits at least weekly throughout the year.
Arizona produces leafy greens from late October through mid-April. AZ LGMA Audits are generated throughout this time period. California produces leafy greens, and CA LGMA Audits are generated, on a year-round basis, although activity is heaviest from May through November.
- Review on-farm audits generated by the LGMA programs in AZ and CA. It is anticipated approximately 100 audits are conducted in AZ each year and about 44 are conducted in CA.
- Assign violation levels for any non-conformities identified during the audits.
- Communicate with handlers on a timely basis about their audit results, require and review Corrective Action Plans as required by policy.
- Work with the LGMA CEO and Technical personal on challenges to the audit findings, complaint resolution and decertification process.
- Participate with CA and AZ LGMA program staffs to review metrics, revise audit checklists and offer additional input as needed.
- Work with AZ, CA and USDA technical staff to create and update metrics and checklist expectation manual, and non-conformance standardization manual.
- Attend LGMA trainings and workshops to assure understanding of the metrics requirements.
- Attend ongoing food safety training to stay current with best industry practices. Travel within AZ and CA as needed to attend board and committee meetings and other food safety meeting as requested.
- Provide AZ and CA LGMAs with regular compliance summary updates to help the industry proactively address potential negative trends.
A complete copy of the RFP for this position is available at: https://lgma-assets.sfo2.digitaloceanspaces.com/downloads/20-01-27-LGMA-...
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.