Farm Food Safety Manager
Cal-Organic Farms started with a quarter acre of lettuce and the determination to do things differently. More than three decades later, we’ve grown to produce more than 65 seasonal and year-round vegetables and we’ve been able to increase our organic acreage year after year. We’re driven by a responsibility to care for the land and for our customers, and we’re proud to promote family values and integrity in all that we do.
We now have an amazing opportunity for a Farm Food Safety Manager to join our team in LaMont, CA.
It is the Farm Food Safety Manager’s responsibility to To ensure that the company’s farming food safety programs are compliant with all relevant auditing requirements including the Food Safety Modernization Act, Primus GFS, Commodity specific standards such as LGMA, National Organic Program, CCOF and to review Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) programs along with customer specific standards for farming operations. In addition, assist in the training of personnel to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory standards.
The successful candidate will have:
- BA/BS in Agriculture, Biology, Food Science, Food Safety or related work experience in these fields preferred
- Knowledge and work experience with LMGA’s, GAP, National Organic Program and FSMA required
- Must have prior experience creating, updating, and implementing food safety programs
- Farming Food Safety Manager shall be self-directed and be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision; must be organized and detail oriented
- Must maintain strict confidentiality about all aspects of job
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required, along with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point
- Employee may be required to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays if needed
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively including some evenings and weekend travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k plan with a discretionary match, subject to a vesting schedule
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday Time and Personal Hours
- Local car dealers discounts for Employee Vehicle Purchase/Lease Programs
- Subsidized gym membership with InShape health clubs
- Free on-site personal training and other wellness-focused activities at company gym
- Tuition discount partnership program with University of La Verne
- Discounted tickets to major theme parks throughout California
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.