Manager, Quality Assurance and Food Safety Compliance
- Manage all departmental programs including but not limited to HACCP, Food Safety Program, Food Defense, BRC/SQF, Quality Specification, Regulatory Compliance, Organic Plan, Allergen Program, CGMP's, Recall Program, and Microbiological and Environmental Testing Programs.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues. Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation,
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities. Work with upper QA management to file appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate testing procedures to meet the specifications of environmental monitoring programs.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
- Discuss emerging compliance issues with management or associates.
- Provide associate training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
- Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews.
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
- Assist in establishing tools and reporting metrics for Key Food Safety Performance indicators (KPIs) to demonstrate to show upper management.
- Support and assist with any withdrawal or quality assurance events surrounding customers.
- Manage and maintain customer expected protocol regarding rejected products.
- Help to manage and lead any recall events that affect the Fresh Kitchen, this includes all steps from start to finish.
- Interact and work with all plant departments to confirm compliance to BRC audit and other Food Safety Initiatives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate, collaborate, and delegate efficiently with associates.
- Good organization, prioritization, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and have good follow through to meet deadlines.
- Must have good leadership and training skills; ability to work with all levels of management and line associates.
- Must be able to correctly complete/review various daily quality/HACCP/BRC/USDA/FDA required paperwork, Knowledge of food production, quality assurance, and food safety procedures required.
- Knowledge of product traceability/recall preferred. Knowledge of BRC and SQF GFSI systems preferred. Understanding of USDA regulations and OSHA requirements.
- Proficient with computers and MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.