Primarily responsible to provide excellent support to the Plant Manager and excellent customerservice to all associates and visitors. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the supervisory management within the production areas and for ensuring that all assigned tasks are delivered on time, according to the production specification while complying with any and all Federal, State, Local, or customer requirements, including OSHA, AIB and all Café Valley Bakery standards.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Plan the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets as agreed with Production Management.
- Document daily production activities and review results against established targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings.
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness and work with staff from both Operations and Maintenance to identify opportunities for improvement. Prioritize, request, and ensure equipment maintenance and repairs are completed to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and termination recommendations.
- Ensure focused improvement tools are effectively utilized in all problem solving situations to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently when required.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area of responsibility
- Working knowledge of good manufacturing practices, hazard analysis and critical control points, lean manufacturing and other food safety, quality and manufacturing principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and to motivate direct reports; specifically mentoring and coaching individuals and identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time using effective organizational skills and judgment in an environment of frequently changing circumstances.
3701 S. Adams Street, Marion, Indiana 46953
- Enforces the Company's Sanitation and Food Safety policies and procedures.
- Directly supervises all the sanitation staff and ensure they are fully trained in carrying out their task and have full understanding of the food safety compliances. This includes managing the schedules of all the sanitation staff.
- Develop and update the Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Maintain and update the Master Sanitation Program.
- Check and verify that every sanitation job is correctly carried out and completed. This will include signing off the SSOP forms at end of sanitation. (All completed SSOPs forms must be uploaded on the Sanitation file after weekly sanitation).
- Train all Sanitation staff to correctly use of the sanitation chemicals Inc. concentration of the chemicals (All staff to be trained annually on chemical usage and sanitation).
- Keep an inventory of all sanitation chemicals; utensils and PEPs and order them as necessary.
- Carry out daily GMP inspection of the facility after the sanitation is completed and write out any work orders or corrective action observed during the inspection.
- Maintaining the waste water system including ph. testing of the waste water and reporting to the Plant Manager and Sr. QA/Sanitation Manager of any non-conformances observed in the waste water system.
- This position requires the Sanitation Supervisor work a flexible schedule Wednesday- Sunday, to include evenings and holidays. Overtime may be necessary to meet sanitation demands of the business.
Qualities of successful Sanitation Supervisor
- A strong knowledge of food safety regulations; good communication skills and able to manage and train staff to achieve the high sanitation standards in the facility.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.