Quality Assurance Manager
BUY FRESH PRODUCE, INC.® is an innovated direct manufacturer processing produce company that processes, packages, and delivers quality fresh produce directly to our customers at an honest price.
We are currently searching for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our team in the Los Angeles area.
- Serve as the lead within the plant for quality initiatives.
- Serve as the Food Safety Leader, to ensure all team members are trained in Prerequisite programs; HACCP, HARCP, GMPs, SSOPs, GFSI, USDA and GFCO guidelines.
- Develop and communicate sanitation policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure audit readiness; SQF, GFCO, FDE, USDA, NOP and 3rd party audits.
- Ensure compliance and record keeping for quality checks, sampling, testing and sanitation.
- Track, Analyze and lied initiatives for quality and customer complaint issues.
- Manage Budgets. Purchasing and inventory of plant operating supplies.
- Provide day to day leadership to quality assurance Food Safety Department.
- 5-8 years relevant education and work experience. Produce industry experience a PLUS!
- Experience with HACCP, HARCP, GMPs, SSOPs, GFSI, USDA and GFCO guidelines.
- California Food Safety Certification, or willingness/ability to obtain within a reasonable time.
- Must be fluent (both written and oral) in both English and Spanish.
What we offer
- Base Salary of $75,000 per year D.O.E.
- Medical insurance
- 1 Week paid vacation after 1 year. 2 weeks paid vacation per year thereafter.
- A great work environment with the opportunity for both personal and professional growth.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.