JOB FILLED - QA Technician - 1st Processing
Responsible for performing daily Quality Assurance activities as directed to assure that the products are safe, wholesome, and meet stated requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all company and plant Food Safety and Animal Care & Well-Being policies, including but not limited to USDA and state regulations, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) program, Standard Sanitation Operating Procedures (SSOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Monitor product attributes to ensure that product quality is at specified levels.
- Perform job functions and duties in a manner compliant with company safety policies and procedures.
- Verify pre-operational and operational sanitation procedures.
- Conduct pre-operational swabs.
- Support production staff regarding quality standards, product specifications and GMP’s.
- Compile reports on nonconforming product and nonconforming plant issues.
- Maintain HACCP, SSOP, lab, and plant quality records.
- Conduct required audits of the recordkeeping files to ensure compliance with company and regulatory policies.
- Attend and participate in safety meetings.
- Create/modify databases and analyze extracted data to make recommendations to management.
- May be required to complete Lab work to include setting up samples, running tests, working with various lab equipment, and reporting results.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor degree in poultry/animal science, biology, or chemistry preferred.
- Prefer 1 -3 years of experience in a quality assurance role or equivalent manufacturing experience.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, exceptional knowledge in Access, Excel and Visio.
- Bi-lingual (English / Spanish).
- Prior QA or Lab Tech experience.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.