Quality Laboratory Associate
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we’re all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
This position supports the Burt's Bee's Laboratory Team.
- Assists with basis chemical testing of finished goods, bulk, and raw materials. (ex. Organoleptic, pH, Penetration). Accurately documents testing information and results in DTR and generate CofAs. Also, reviews DTRs for other associates testing results. (
- Performs raw material and expired bulk sampling and labeling.
- Box all retain samples and log samples in retain log.
- Review quality documentation (ex. COC and Line Clearance, Batching Records) associated with product testing.
- Special projects as assigned.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
- Experience in GMP environment or in an agency-regulated industry a plus (i.e. manufacturing, scientific, environmental, legal, social setting governed by FDA, EPA, OSHA, DSS, etc.). Candidates with Pharmaceutical, Food, or Cosmetic backgrounds preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office -- Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated ability in analytical reasoning is required
- Demonstrated ability in operating and troubleshooting industrial testing equipment, including a penetrometer, melting point apparatus, viscometer, pH meter, Uv/Vis, etc. as needed.
- Exceptional understanding of all lab equipment
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Basic knowledge of quality systems and regulatory requirements (21 CRF Part 700/701) is desired.
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills.
- High School diploma required or related field required and two (2) years of related experience required OR at least 6 months of cosmetic manufacturing laboratory experience.
High School Degree or Equivalent
More about Product Supply (PSO)
The Product Supply Organization (PSO) is an inclusive, diverse global community of leaders. Our team is responsible for sourcing, making and shipping some of the world’s most trusted household products. In our organization, safety is paramount and innovation a must. Join us if you want to keep growing professionally and make an impact in the lives of millions of homes.
More About Clorox
At Clorox (NYSE: CLX), we build brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, have busy personal lives and are all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes and workplaces. Make your mark and help us drive growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with 8,700 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2018 sales of $6.1 billion. In addition to our namesake bleach and cleaning products, we market some of the most trusted and recognized consumer and professional brands, including:
- Brita® water-filtration products
- Burt's Bees® natural personal care products
- Fresh Step® cat litter
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
- Kingsford® charcoal
- Liquid Plumr® clog removers
- Pine-Sol® cleaners
- RenewLife® digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, Neocell® and Stop Aging Now® dietary supplements
- Clorox Healthcare® and CloroxPro™ Commercial Solutions®
More than 80% of our sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.