Food Safety Manager
The position will manage the Food safety function at our Reno, NV manufacturing facility. This position will focus on providing quality assurance, sanitation and microbiological expertise to the Plant Management team. This role will be part of the Corporate Quality Assurance team and will establish, maintain, and continuously improve the policies and procedures to ensure that our quality assurance programs are robust. Will provide support, in the form of audits and troubleshooting, to manufacturing operations and suppliers to identify and eliminate conditions to prevent contamination and assure quality and food safety in our products. This role will need to effectively interface with all levels of the plant workforce to effectively communicate and align on product or operational risks. This role requires the ability to apply standard quality and troubleshooting principles and practices to assigned projects. The Reno Food Safety Manager is able to coordinate other technical and functional disciplines, as needed, to effectively solve problems. This role will provide training in functional areas of expertise and will require communications of technical material to non-technical people, both oral and written.
This position will travel approximately 5-10%
Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we're all able to make a positive impact -- at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth -- growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
- Operations Support -- Provides operational support and analytical problem solving at Supplier and Clorox locations, drawing on internal and external experts as appropriate, managing improvement plans and activities. Ensure practices are in place and standardized in our field and Corporate operations, including plants, suppliers to assure that stable conditions exist that ensure food safety and quality assurance standards are maintained in compliance with Federal regulations. Performs plant quality, environmental, and sanitation audits and testing. Manages plant master sanitation schedule (MSS). Ensures documentation adherence and compliance.
- People Management and Development -- Provides strategic leadership and direction for site quality roles and responsibilities. Identifies current gaps and develops long and short term plan to serve the team's development and future.-
- Drive Continuous Improvement - Supports the continuous improvement of the Quality function by identifying and resolving gaps/waste in quality systems, tools, and processes. Identified as the SME for key Quality processes to ensure they are effectively managed, standardized, maintained and continuously improved. Drives commonality of programs and processes at all manufacturing locations, including co-packers, where applicable
- Project and Lab Support --Ensures plant personnel are appropriately trained on microbiological and analytical methods. Provides approval for validation aspects of new equipment, products & processes. Coordinates testing with third party laboratories if necessary. Ensures new or changes to formulations meet plant and Federal standards for documentation. Ensures the lab is well maintained, organized, and capable of supporting current and future business needs.
- Strategic Leadership -- Provides strategic leadership and functional vision to help develop the quality journey milestones. This role identifies key leverage points within organization to drive quality improvements. Lead processes to improve product design and supply quality, by establishing credibility with business management team.
- High School Diploma or GED accredited institution
- 3 years' experience in FDA regulated role that includes either quality, operations and/or sanitation
- 2 years' experience in a leadership role
- Position will require the candidate to be in manufacturing environment with rotating equipment, elevated surfaces, temperature variations etc.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Direct experience in manufacturing, operations, sanitation and product testing
- PCQI Certified
- FDA BPS Certified
- Knowledge of cGMP's, HACCP, SQF, and BRC and FDA regulations, and microbiology and analytical testing
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the physical, chemical, and microbiological attributes and test procedures of Foods products as well as industry standards of Quality & Regulatory systems
- Knowledge of government regulatory documentation requirements for Foods
- Knowledge of sanitation in a FDA and/or USDA regulated plant
- Knowledge of food microbiology
- Dressings, sauces, acid food, acidified foods experience
- Knowledge of pathogen environmental monitoring
- Knowledge of sanitation practices and procedures in a food manufacturing plant
- Knowledge of analytical testing requirements and test methodologies for food preferred
- Strong problems solving skills, issue resolution and root cause analysis
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills
- Strong independent leadership skills. Will be required to travel independently to worldwide sites
- Strong interpersonal skills. Proven strong relationship skills to achieve sustainable partnerships and collaboration internally and externally.
- Excellent organization, time management and project management skills
- Proven experience on cross-functional teams- R&D, Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Quality Control, and Technical Services
- Highly Flexible and Adaptable.
- Able to work independently in a fast paced multitasking environment.
More about Clorox
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with 8,700 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2017 sales of $6 billion. In addition to our namesake bleach and cleaning products, we market some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including:
- Brita® water-filtration products
- Burt's Bees® natural personal care products
- Fresh Step® cat litter
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
- Kingsford® charcoal
- Liquid Plumr® clog removers
- Pine-Sol® cleaners
- RenewLife® digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality®, Neocell® and Stop Aging Now® dietary supplements
- Professional services: Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®
More than 80% of our sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
Making a positive impact
Clorox is a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, a community of global leaders committed to sustainability. We've been broadly recognized for our corporate responsibility efforts, most notably being named to the Drucker Institute's 2017 Management Top 250 list, The Just 100: America's Top Corporate Citizens list, CR Magazine's 2018 Best Corporate Citizens list and the first sector-neutral Bloomberg Gender Equality Index in 2018.
We also support our communities, and, in FY2017, contributed $11 million in combined cash grants, product donations and cause marketing.
The Clorox Company and its subsidiaries is an EEO/AA/Protected Veteran/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.