Quality Control Manager
Over the span of 40 years, Brothers Foodservice has become the largest produce distributor in Texas. We cover greater Dallas/Ft Worth area. We distribute a full line of fresh fruits and vegetables, specialty items, and processed items to meet the customers' needs. Offering high-quality products and excellent customer service, we supply a broad range of foodservice and retail customers with a fleet of more than 100 refrigerated trucks.
We have a great opportunity for a Quality Control Manager to join our team in Garland, TX.
The Quality Control Manager oversees all day-to-day quality and sanitation of produce, from vendor to customer. This position will drive freshness and innovation in handling and the supply chain. This includes working closely with upper management to create customer-focused processes and programs. The position will also work in partnership with procurement to improve vendor performance and shrink.
The Five Essential Functions of the Quality Control Manager Position
- Must have the ability to maintain cordial, productive, profitable and growing relationships with vendors, employees and customers to achieve quality goals.
- Must have the ability to analyze, implement and improve upon existing and new quality assurance procedures.
- Must have the ability to work in high-stress environments on a frequent basis and with only partial resources or information being available.
- Must have the ability to maintain excellent attendance and punctuality standards
- Must have the ability to work off hours throughout our service area.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 2 years of quality control experience in a food distribution environment, focusing on produce experience in a best in class perishable distribution organization and responsible for setting and enforcing produce quality standards.
- College Degree preferred in area of Food Safety/Quality Assurance
- Experience with USDA inspections and/or grading standards, HAACP, OSHA and/or grading standards within a warehouse environment is a plus.
- Produce Pro knowledge a plus.
- Strong computer skills – word, excel, power point, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, with particular ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, and the ability to create/maintain customer and vendor relationships
- Organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Data analysis and technical skills
- Comfortable working proactively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to coach, teach and lead others
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of changes and developments in quality assurance, sanitation and food safety requirements.
- Physically able to work in a refrigerated environment or in the elements
We offer a competitive compensation package, including:
- Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacation after one year
- 401K plan
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.