Quality Assurance Supervisor
The person holding this position is under the responsibility of: Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible, under guidance of the Quality Assurance Manager, including but not limited to maintaining the plant policies and procedures in place. This position is accountable for the overall performance of the plant on Quality parameters and food safety. Manage a team of QA & QC.
Quality Assurance tasks:
- Monitors compliance of implementation of the program of the quality according to the standards established and the requirements of customers.
- Responsible of the management of the quality indicators log : foreign material, non-conformities, Corrective action request on a daily basis.
- Responsible of the supplier’s complaints management.
- Coordinate the monitoring of non-compliant products: reprocessing, donation, destruction, duration of storage, interdepartmental communication.
- Coordinates the investigations of foreign body;
- Develop / follow-up on procedures in regard with actual quality system program and politics existing Maintain quality system program documents on files
- Responsible for the internal multi-audit.
- Train employees on procedures, on GMPs and identify the needs based on quality indicator trend.
- Support the development of our standard operating procedures and product specifications, like product conformity guide.
- Analyze production using statistical software and provide feedback/solutions to non-compliant products
- Responsible for the raw material inspection hold and release.
- Involve in the internal audit program by doing blade audit, CCP audit, lockers inspections, allergens management.
- Responsible of the production document review.
- Manage the rework process ongoing with other department.
- Supervise and utilize efficiently the QA technicians
- Make sure to apply and enforce company rules
- Approve employee payroll (timesheets, vacation time, absences)
- Strong autonomy and organizational skills
- Strong Leadership and decision making skills
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills
- Understand GMPs
- Understand Food Safety regulations (FDA, State regulations, HACCP, AIB, BRC,…)
- Knowledge & other requirements
- Bi-lingual English- Spanish a plus
- Knowledge of Statistics preferred
- Computer knowledge: Microsoft office, Minitab (optional)
Academic requirements/ Education
- Bachelor’s degree in food science or closely related discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a quality department within the food industry
- Have supervised a minimum of 2 employees
Education / Training
- Bachelor Degree -
- Location: Vineland, NJ
- Work hours: 40+
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.