Quality Assurance Food Manager
Brandless is a new kind of company, a community that puts people first and makes better products at fairer prices. Everything is just $3, BrandTax free and sold exclusively on brandless.com. In a sentence: Better everything for everyone, all $3. Brandless makes hundreds of everyday essentials, aka the stuff you use all the time, including non-GMO food, clean personal care products, non-toxic cleaners and home goods. At Brandless, you can shop your values while getting great value.
You'll make an impact by:
We are seeking a diverse and hands-on Quality Assurance professional that can balance regulatory compliance and creativity to provide mentorship and creative solution to help expand our exciting “better for you” products in a wide array of product categories such as food, beauty, personal care, hardlines and softlines. You will play a substantial role in working with the supplier to develop products that are relevant and communicate “what matters” to our customers while ensuring they meet regulatory and internal Brandless requirements.
As a QA Food Manager, you will work closely with Product Development, Merchandising, Inventory Planning, Sourcing, Marketing, and Creative to bring to life exciting new products. You should have a real passion for continuously learning and developing knowledge and providing solution for new and emerging ideas and challenges. Of course no QA or regulatory job can be done without ability to pay attention to detail and great organizational and analytical skill sets. If you’re the professional that flourishes with new challenges and insights, can think about the big picture while paying attention to the smallest details, and has a knack for aligning business needs and regulatory compliance, let us know! We’d love to meet you. Please also include a link to your portfolio with your application.
What you'll do:
- Ensure supplier compliance to Brandless Requirements as they relate to safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Partner with internal teams to hold supplier accountable through approving, suspending, restricting or disqualifying as required.
- Design, develop, and implement Safety and Quality Assurance programs, policies, procedures, compliance standards, and performance metrics.
- Ensure of new and revised labels and artworks meet regulatory and internal guidance and requirements.
- Support business growth by assisting in defining product specifications. Play a key role in the product review process and ensure supplier has capabilities to produce products as defined.
- Analyze customer contact metrics and partner with suppliers and internal partners to drive continuous improvements projects to resolve key drivers.
- Maintain deep technical knowledge and understanding of applicable Regulations, Regulatory Agency Guidelines and Industry Best Practices and own the practical implementation to ensure product compliance as well as appropriate documentation and records keeping.
- Conduct root cause analysis for consumer complaints by partnering with suppliers to implement resolutions to reduce customer dissatisfaction.
- Represent Brandless QA Team through active participation with external organizations to champion and contribute to advancing food safety systems in forums such as 3rd party certification programs, advocacy organizations, governmental agencies, trade organizations, etc.
- Travel up to 30% (domestic and international)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Quality Management, Microbiology, Chemistry or closely related field is required. Experience in retail and/or food manufacturing environments preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in continuous improvement management with consistent track record in leading best practices across company to include statistical process controls, lean practices, and six-sigma methodologies
- Working knowledge experience in facility auditing and team training
- Effective project management, communication and organizational skills are required
- Strong organization skills and self-motivation for excellence
- Working knowledge and proficiency of food safety and quality assurance principles, programs and practices and FDA and USDA regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to influence or lead high performing teams
- Working knowledge of GFSI benchmarked standards
- Knowledge of FDA and USDA regulatory requirements is required
- Success working with multifunctional and multi discipline functions
- Excellent interpersonal/communication/influencing/negotiation skills required
- Ability to quickly master technical skills in a fast-paced startup environment and to solve complex problems conceptually in collaboration with the broader team
- Extraordinary organization skills to lead supplier and product information and documentation
- Ability to communicate technical, scientific and regulatory topics in simple terms and with non-technical audiences
- Position is based in Minneapolis, MN
Brandless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Brandless follows applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.