Quality Assurance Manager
Responsible and accountable for the coordination and direction of all laboratory activity toward the achievement of maximum efficiency of operations with assurance of producing quality products in a safe and sanitary work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required.
- Minimum five (5) years Laboratory Management experience in food/beverage, consumer products, or manufacturing industry required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical testing methodologies and Statistical Process Control.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to build consensus and foster positive relationships in order to drive company strategy and efficient methods in achieving the lowest landed cost possible.
- Capacity to solve problems through creative, innovative solutions and challenge traditional methods of accomplishing tasks and removing obstacles.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex sets of data and make business recommendations based on analysis.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with capital and working budgets, P&L, regulatory body compliance, and manufacturing operations required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures.
- Must be HACCP and SQF certified
- Plan, assign, and direct work within assigned areas to ensure that product is produced, tested, and deemed compliant at the lowest possible cost consistent with established specifications for quality and quantity.
- Build a high achieving quality team capable of sustaining the company’s profitability, goals, and vision, ensuring maximum performance in accordance with the requirements outlined in the NCIMS laboratory certification program, company policies, and local regulations.
- Implement, maintain, and audit against company standards and all quality systems in the facility.
- Ensure compliance with company, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations, functioning as Quality and Food Safety Advisor on projects and day-to-day plant operations and managing regulatory and third-party audits.
- Maintain effective inventory control program to support material needs for the operation of the laboratory.
- Analyze/evaluate lab results and customer/consumer complaints to identify and communicate quality issues and trends.
- Oversee pest control program.
- Provide quality and food safety training to plant personnel as required.
- Implement and drive process consistency and cross functional collaboration utilizing Continuous Improvement methodology that results in process improvement and cost saving initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a positive, productive relationship with supply chain leadership team.
- Partner with all functional departments to ensure meeting business unit and company safety, service, cost, and people goals.
- Provide supervision of assigned work group in ensuring effective selection, retention, and performance management of laboratory employees.
- Benchmark and set targets for overall laboratory performance and personnel.
- Maintain an understanding of go-to market strategies based on customer demands, manufacturing capabilities, and storage capacities.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Follow and enforce all Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow and enforce all safety and security policies and procedures.
- Wear and enforce wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Follow and enforce all food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and Safe Quality Foods (SQF) requirements.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.