Position: Laboratory Technician
Report to: QA Manager/Supervisor
Performs and documents testing of materials and finished products.
- Performs microbiological analysis of raw materials and finished products.
- Responsible for hold/release/rejection of finished goods.
- Performs chemical analysis of raw materials and manufactured products.
- Verifies compliance and alerts QA Manager/Supervisor of any deviations from specifications.
- Performs in-plant weight checks, temperature checks, ingredient usage and distribution, finished product appearance, code date verification, pH testing and metal detection verification.
- Perform calibration and scheduled preventative maintenance on lab equipment.
- Responsible for daily finished product evaluations.
- Performs sensory evaluation of raw material and finished products.
- Performs environment testing.
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Must follow companies GMP’s, SOP’s, and SSOP’s at all times.
- Must wear appropriate PPE at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors' degree in a job related field of study (i.e., Food Science, Dairy Science, Microbiology, Chemistry).
- College experience preferred.
- Prior experience in laboratory environment required.
- Ability to read chemical labels and follow safe handling procedures for food grade products.
- Must be able to work weekends, and varying shifts (days, evenings, nights).
- Computer experience in Microsoft Office required.
- Excel spreadsheet experience required.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.