Food Safety & Security Manager
Under the “Bonipak” label, Betteravia Farms grows, harvests, cools, processes and ships millions of cartons of fresh vegetables to retailers, wholesalers and food service customers all over the world. What sets us apart is our seed to sales approach. We control the entire process, ensuring consistent high quality produce year round. We are proud of the relationships we have fostered with our customers over the past 80 years.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Food Safety & Security Manager based in Santa Maria, CA. The position will be responsible for our locations in Yuma, AZ, Blythe, CA, the Imperial Valley, CA, Oxnard, CA, and the Central Coast of California.
The Food Safety & Security Manager will develop and oversee all of the food safety regulations, policies, and procedures for a mid-size produce operation based in Santa Maria, CA.
The Director will oversee operations in Yuma, AZ and other growing locations in the California desert regions.
The successful candidate will help to develop, implement and enforce security and food safety standards, policies, and programs including HACCP, GFSI, regulatory audits (CA/AZ LGMA, FDA, etc.), food safety training programs (GAP’s), standard operating procedures (SOP’s), product inspections, and standardized work instructions.
The successful candidate will have:
- Desired Bachelor’s Degree in Science and/or comparable experience in Food Safety, Microbiology or Quality Assurance
- Combination of education, training, and applied knowledge in Agri-Business and Vegetable Production
- A minimum of 3-5 years of food safety experience at management level experience in HACCP, USDA, or FDA preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, and GAP’s
- Previous experience with SQF, GFSI, Primus, BRC and/or USDA audits desirable
- Must be able to travel as required to various suppliers and growing regions
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Able to work unsupervised and manage independently
- Have strong communication skills and proficiency in English reading and writing
- Must be flexible with work hours and days
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Knowledge of Production, Harvesting, and Sales
- Detail oriented, and possess strong computer skills, including MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Competitive Salary (Depending On Experience)
- Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.