Quality Assurance Manager
Bongards' Premium Cheese is looking for a dedicated, dynamic and experienced individual to manage and coordinate all quality related programs and functions to ensure finished product quality and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate with suppliers on plant requirements and issues to create a safe and quality product
- Manage and ensure all quality programs continue to meet changing regulatory compliance and quality procedures and programs to meet customer and government expectations
- Lead and manage all state, federal, third party, and corporate audit requirements, responses and corrective actions (Some agencies involved include USDA-FSIS, USDA-TQSA, MDA, FDA, and AIB)
- Responsible for timely disposition of product not meeting quality standards upon first pass
- Direct the laboratory function and manage the staff within the lab
- Provide technical assistance and expertise to all management and plant personnel
- Direct, maintain, and coordinate plant quality programs
- Be a certified SQF Practicitioner, HACCP, and HARPC
- Maintain continuous communication with all department managers to ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are adhered to and reinforce sanitation programs.
- Manage plant self-inspections
- Coordinate the plant food safety team meetings
- Manage plant microbiological environmental monitoring program
- Monitor HTST pasteurizer performance and documentation
- Maintain documentation for Kosher and EU Certification
- Coordinate COA documentation
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Food Science, Chemistry, or Microbiology or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years experience in Quality department
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience in laboratory and quality program management
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works autonomously and as part of a team to meet overall organizational goals, mission, vision, and values of the company
- Must possess strategic thinking, leadership, teamwork, and analytical skills
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills
- Proficient or working knowledge in Microsoft Office Products
- Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 40 pounds
Just ask the people who work for Bongards now and they’ll tell you that everyone in every function has a true passion for producing safe, high-quality dairy products. That’s what creates the culture of growth and success that you’ll find at Bongards. When a great team of committed people strives for continuous improvement, opportunities for individual growth will follow. Bongards' history of success is proof of that.
If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we’d like to hear from you.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.