JOB FILLED - Post-Harvest Inspector
Join us at Bonduelle to start an adventure where people come first and contribute to a better future through plant-based food!
By joining Bonduelle, the world leader in ready-to-use plant-based food, you are deciding to make a positive and sustainable impact on yourself, the others and the planet. You will play an active part in our mission: "inspire the transition toward a plant-based diet to contribute to people's well-being and planet health". Bonduelle is a family-run company of 14,600 people which provides over 100 countries with vegetables.
The Post-Harvest Inspector will complete daily raw inspections at cooling facilities to ensure raw products meet Ready Pac specifications. This role will be based in Salinas, CA and will relocate to Yuma, AZ during the colder seasons.
What you will need:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Post-harvest inspection experience is desired
- Familiarity with:
- Fresh Cut processing
- USDA inspection standards
- Raw inspection procedures
- Solid computer skills including experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access, and Quick Base or similar
- Bilingual English/Spanish is highly preferred
- A high school diploma or GED
- Must have the schedule flexibility to work variable hours and weekends. Though shifts vary, you will have a set schedule. $20.25 ( pay per hour )
Well established in the United States, our business unit includes 4 production facilities with more than 3,200 associates. We process fresh vegetables, salads and meal solutions with our own brands: Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts® and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™.
What will you Do:
- Perform quality inspections for all raw commodities harvested each day including outside purchased products
- Conduct daily observations as well support shelf-life studies when requested
- Follow up and investigate raw product complaints from processing plants
- Assist in raw-related projects at the cooler level
- Assist the department manager in any communication with the plants on raw quality issues
- Maintain inventory of raw inspection supplies
- Complete Supplier Notification forms
- Complete daily inspection reports into Ready Pac Data Management System (RPDMS)
- Communicate with Ready Pac field personnel and processing facilities on raw quality issues
- Communicate with raw suppliers on quality issues related to inspection at the cooler
- Communicate with cooler personnel on raw inspection or cooling process issues
- Issue daily inspection report to all Ready Pac processing facilities
- Follow Ready Pac food safety and safety policies as applicable to the cooler operation
- Conduct other duties related to raw quality, as assigned by the department manager
Join Bonduelle on an incredible and exciting journey to have a positive impact on others and the planet!
Bonduelle Fresh Americas requires its employees to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19, where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable to provide proof of vaccination, you will be required to provide proof of a COVID test on a weekly basis.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.