Corporate Quality and Food Safety Manager
Join us at Bonduelle to start an adventure where people come first and contribute to a better future through plant-based food!
By joining Bonduelle, the world leader in ready-to-use plant-based food, you are deciding to make a positive and sustainable impact on yourself, the others and the planet. You will play an active part in our mission: "inspire the transition toward a plant-based diet to contribute to people's well-being and planet health". Bonduelle is a family-run company of 14,600 people which provides over 100 countries with vegetables.
The Corporate Quality and Food Safety Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining a harmonized Quality Management System (QMS) covering both Quality and Food Safety programs. This includes implementing and improving electronic QMS for Corporate and all facilities to drive compliance and inspection readiness. This position effectively collaborates with cross-functional departments to ensure documentation is designed and implemented in a compliant manner including applicable regulatory requirements. Additionally, this position collaborates with the Quality leaders at every site to develop and maintain a harmonized quality system, and perform internal audits to verify compliance.
What you will Need:
- BS degree in Food Science or related field required. MS degree in a related field is preferred.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Quality Assurance and Food Safety or related functions within the food processing field.
- At least 5 years of experience in supervisory, management, and leadership roles.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety regulations (USDA, FDA, etc.).
- Experience working with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) audit schemes such as BRC, SQF, etc.
- Technical proficiency in Google, Microsoft, QMS applications, etc.
- Knowledge of quality assurance program methodologies and implementation within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel to visit other plants (25-50%). When not traveling, you'll be in the office/plant regularly with some remote work opportunities.
Well established in the United States, our business unit includes 4 production facilities with more than 3,200 associates. We process fresh vegetables, salads and meal solutions with our own brands: Ready Pac Foods®, Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts® and Bonduelle Fresh Picked™.
What will you Do:
- Ensure Corporate QMS procedures, forms, policies, etc. are in compliance with applicable regulations, standards and customer requirements.
- Work with facilities to ensure Corporate QMS procedures are fully implemented.
- Work with cross-functional teams such as Operations, Engineering, Sanitation, Innovation and Development, etc. to develop or review quality and food safety programs, build relationships and resolve issues.
- Perform internal audits/assessments at facilities to verify compliance with established programs. Schedule and perform audit activities, including pre-audit planning, audit execution and evaluation, and post-audit follow-up and recommendations.
- Develop and deliver effective communications that provide partners at all levels with appropriate awareness and knowledge of standards, program updates and process changes.
- Establish the process for tracking QMS activities, engage stakeholders, and lead the QMS meetings.
- Establish and maintain the lifecycle of controlled documents including, but not limited to, the record management system (e.g. version control, document distribution, archival, retrieval, retention and destruction).
- Assist facilities with third-party audit readiness such as SQF, Commercial Food Sanitation, etc., and serve as a single point of contact from the corporate team during such audits.
- Directly supervise a Quality and Food Safety Specialist.
Join Bonduelle on an incredible and exciting journey to have a positive impact on others and the planet!
Bonduelle Fresh Americas requires its employees to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19, where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable to provide proof of vaccination, you will be required to provide proof of a COVID test on a weekly basis.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.