Assistant Quality Control Manager
STRONG HISTORY. EXCITING FUTURE.
Bolthouse Farms is a farm located in California's fertile San Joaquin Valley, known for high-quality consumer brands and innovative products. Bolthouse Farms is a market share leader in growing and distributing carrots. In addition, Bolthouse Farms produces and sells super-premium juices, smoothies, protein shakes and café beverages under the Bolthouse Farms® brand name. In recent years, Bolthouse Farms diversified its offerings by launching a line of premium refrigerated yogurt dressings and extra virgin olive oil vinaigrettes. The Bolthouse Farms mission is to change the way people consume healthy foods and beverages.
Join the company that was named a top food innovator by Fast Company Magazine!
We are currently seeking an Assistant Quality Control Manager to join our Bakersfield, CA operation.
The Assistant Quality Control Manager will assist the QC Manager in monitoring production and product quality to ensure product meets customer specifications. Will routinely work with all departments to ensure Bolthouse is producing consistent, safe and high-quality products. The Assistant Quality Control Manager will assist managing the performing review of quality systems and program development and will aid in special projects as needed.
- Assures compliance of all Bolthouse APEX facilities (Natural Ingredients and Consumer Product Goods) to current GMP, HACCP, Quality Systems and Quality Assurance
- Maintain product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and government requirements
- Monitor daily audits of production procedures including verification of code dates, scales, specifications, plant GMP’s and documentation
- Review analytical and microbiological testing and results of raw ingredients and finished products, process water, and plant equipment
- Coordinate audit findings with plant QA Supervisor’s and operation teams with corrective action plans
- Responsible for daily review of quality reports and records
- Prepare product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Oversee operation, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory equipment routinely
- Will compare test results to quality specifications and limits. Notify quality and production manager when results vary
- Train and monitor QC technicians to ensure consistent and reliable quality and microbial analysis
- Assist sales with customer samples and certificate of analysis (COA)
- Assist QC Manager in completing customer complaints, weekly and monthly reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university, or three to five years of equivalent related experience (preferably in a food, beverage, pharmaceutical, or chemical industry); or an equivalent combination of both education and experience
- Experience must include at least two years of supervision experience in a production environment
- Valid California Driver License
- Environmental exposure-cold/wet, humid conditions (40° or below)
- Material exposure-moving mechanical parts
- Occasional exposure to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- Capable of lifting 30 pounds
- Able to work in loud noise when conducting plant monitoring and inspections
- Five years in Quality Assurance in the fresh produce or food-processing environment preferred.
- Master’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or related field preferred.
- HACCP and Better Process School training certificates desired
- Ability to understand and apply moderately complex mathematical concepts, to include managing financial data and production reports
- Must possess a track record of successful, continuous improvement initiatives and results.
- Strong leadership, facilitation, motivation and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to resolve conflict situations
- Excellent communication skills, which will be demonstrated in constant daily communication to Supervisors, peers and reports. Must be able to effectively prepare and present information
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, weekend and overtime as business demands
- Proficient in computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.