Quality Assurance Documentation Coordinator
Maintains critical Quality and Food Safety Systems supplier documents to meet internal and regulatory requirements. Initiates, facilitates and maintains documentation to qualify new suppliers, maintain existing suppliers, and approve raw materials. Works with suppliers to understand Bob’s Red Mill expectations and facilitates vendor compliance with assistance from Procurement Agents and Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance.
None. Reports to Director of Food Safety and Quality
Essential Job Functions:
- Work interdepartmentally to ensure Bob’s Red Mill has the required documentation from raw material, packaging, and other suppliers.
- Manages, develops, maintains, and ensures all raw material and supplier related policies, procedures, training manuals, COAs, product specification sheets, and records up to date in meeting SQF Level 2 Certification requirements.
- Initiate, facilitate, review and track food safety, quality and certification documentation to qualify new and maintain existing suppliers.
- Review incoming documents to ensure they meet Bob’s Red Mill requirements. Discern when to escalate to Quality and Procurement Managers to resolve questions and issues.
- Review incoming certificates of analysis to insure compliance with Bob’s Red Mill specifications.
- Work with Procurement and QA to create raw material specifications to meet Bob’s Red Mill Quality and Food Safety requirements. Manage and maintain versions and updates.
- Assist in new raw material item setup in internal tracing and management database.
- Facilitate internal sign off of supplier documents.
- Upload and track documents in internal databases.
- Track vendor compliance using vendor scorecard database.
- Maintain internal database to coordinate the renewal process for existing suppliers at required frequency.
- Act as a resource and raw material specification expert for other Bob’s Red Mill departments.
- Manage and respond to quality related requests and questions posed by Bob’s Red Mill Sales and Customer service teams.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
- Ability to read and write general business documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced in word processing, spreadsheets, database management and web based searching.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to manage multiple projects at one time and properly prioritize activities to meet deadlines
- Able to read, comprehend and decipher technical information such as nutritional panels, grading results, microbiological testing and chemical composition of raw materials and packaging goods.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of flexibility and tolerance to change.
- Successful in jobs that require strong administrative skills.
- Experience in communicating over the phone, email and formal documentation.
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or further education certificate required, concentration in Food Science, Agriculture, Science, Business or equivalent preferred.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working on a food manufacturing, preferably in SQF or BRC certified facility.
- Knowledge of food safety, quality and regulatory standards in a food manufacturing plant.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.