Quality & Food Safety Manager
The Quality & Food Safety Manager will develop, implement, and manager the quality control and food safety processes under the direction of the V.P. of Manufacturing for the bakery. This role requires a multifaceted perspective towards the quality and safety of our day to day production. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and monitor Quality Control programs and activities.
- Develop, implement, and set compliance of Food Safety Programs.
- Assist with training of plant team members and training as needed concerning food safety deficiencies/corrective actions.
- Utilize technical knowledge to prevent/identify the root cause of process/product failures and help develop corrective actions.
- Keep bakery up to date on regulatory and inspection aspects.
- Oversee special projects as assigned, departmental budget, turnover, safety, and participate in the review of product quality and process control issues.
- Communicate closely with production, purchasing, and customer relations regarding acceptance, rejection, and disposition of raw materials and finished products.
- Accountable for monitoring and ensuring a high standard of food processing sanitation at the pre-operational and operational practices of production.
- Responsible for monitoring microbiological results, conducting environmental swabs, and generating shelf life and environmental graphs.
- Conduct and promote sanitation training and FSQA related education to employees.
- Monitor operation processes to ensure all products are manufactured to food safety and quality requirements.
- Perform quality control line product audits to include net weight, lot coding, quality, packaging integrity and raw material specifications checks.
- Conduct SSOP performance standard and GMP audits.
- Monitor adherence to GMP and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) throughout the facility.
- Conduct follow ups on non-conformances to assure corrective actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Assist with quality control data collection using various methods and documentation.
- Use and maintain quality control laboratory equipment.
- Previous experience as a QA/QC TECH in a bakery warehouse with a firm understanding of allergen handling and GMPs. (3+ years related experience is preferred).
- Food industry/quality control background and knowledge of HACCP, GMP and SQF regulations.
- Working knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) management system required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the standards set by the Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI).
- Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends/holidays and be available to address operational issues by phone at all times. Bakery operation is 7 days per week year-round.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related or equivalent related experience.
- 5 years of experience in food processing, food safety or quality assurance management.
- Experience with Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulations.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (Preferred).
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) Certification (Preferred).
- ServSafe Basic Certification (Preferred).
- The work conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Possible exposure to nut, dairy or other food allergens
- The position requires the employee to communicate regularly by speaking and listening
- The employee is frequently required to stand for a prolonged period and must be able to walk and sit for extended periods during delivery
- Occasional use of hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and climb ladders to various heights
- Frequent lifting and or moving items up to 50 pounds
- Position requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Exposure to cold and wet atmosphere and prolonged periods of sun exposure.
- Possibility of exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts & vibrations.
- Safety glasses, respiratory mask, and ear protection are provided as needed.
the salary above is only the communicated salary that would be offered to the chosen candidate that meets the minimum qualification and requirements. The offered salary is subject to change based on education and experience.
Dunkin' Donuts | Bluemont Group, a Dunkin' Franchisee, is an equal opportunity employer.
This Dunkin' Donuts restaurant is independently owned and operated under a franchise granted by DD Franchising LLC.
You are applying for work with a franchisee of Dunkin' Donuts, not Dunkin' Brands, Inc., Dunkin' Donuts or any of their affiliates. Any information you submit will be provided solely to the franchisee. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who are solely responsible for their own employees and set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees.
The Dunkin' Donuts trademarks, logos and designs are trademarks of DD IP Holder, LLC. Used under license.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Must be able to lift over 50 lbs
- Must be comfortable with the working conditions described above
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to speak and write in English. Spanish speaking ability a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Food Science or Related Equivalent Experience
- Availability to work in a operation that is open 365 days per year, including weekends and holidays
BMG Bakery is a centralized bakery facility located in Ringgold, GA which supplies Dunkin' franchisees. This facility provides donuts and other fresh baked products to Dunkin' locations in Tennessee and Georgia 364 days a year. We pride ourselves on making quality donuts, bagels, muffins, and much more for all Bluemont Group owned Dunkin' Donuts and contracted third party operators. Through the energy of our team and excellence of our products, we are able to serve the needs of our customers and clients all while driving sustainable growth and profitability.
We are a locally owned and operated Dunkin' franchise, with a fast-paced, high energy environment where you get to interact with loyal customers every day. Join our team today!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.