Blommer has been providing delicious, high quality chocolate to customers since 1939, and we owe it all to our people. Want to join an organization dedicated to attracting, developing, and investing in top talent? Join us on our mission to bring delight to customers every day.
Here’s what you should know about working at Blommer:
We have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction – we are only as successful as our customers
- We support our team members in achieving their goals by providing ongoing support and development opportunities
- Our daily job is focused around our Core Values – Honesty, Integrity, Responsibility, Care and Customer
- We are a family oriented company and understand how important it is to have a work-life balance
- We have a commitment to sustainability – constantly working to end deforestation and forest degradation, safeguard the environment and preserve the planet
- We’re here to make a product that everyone loves – let’s have fun while doing it!
Sounds good to you? Here’s how you will bring chocolate to life:
Position title: Quality Manager
Functional area: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Corporate Director of Quality
Job Purpose: Ensure the facility produces safe wholesome products that meet customer expectations. Responsible for all quality and food safety activities within the operation. Will serve as the site primary PCQI and direct a team of professionals in ensuring our products meet regulatory, industry and customer standards.
Essential Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Responsible for all quality and food safety functions, sanitation efficiencies, and overall performance of the quality department.
- Ensuring effective food safety compliance and working with site leadership team to implement and improve programs to mitigate risk.
- Manage and lead all food safety team activities, ensure all preventive controls and prerequisite programs are effective.
- Developing and maintaining food safety and quality system, including QA and QC.
- Enforce Blommer Chocolate Company standards from raw material procurement through customer delivery.
- Develop and track to a quality improvement plan.
- Continuously improve knowledge of technology, process, product, and customer base.
- Develop and monitor all employee training in food safety and quality topic areas.
- Develop and maintain qualified personnel within the site quality team, constantly advancing self and team.
- Be proactive and responsive with internal and external customers.
- Develop and verify corrective and preventative action plans with site leadership team.
- Role model and drive a culture of quality within the site.
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Food Science or related field
- Certifications: PCQI Preferred
- Software Skills: Proficient in current computer software – Microsoft Office, familiarity with warehouse and laboratory management system, and ERP-like systems
- Other Skills: Must be able to taste and consume chocolate and related products
- Physical Demands: Must be able to climb ladder, bend, and stoop and stand for prolonged periods. Requires extended periods of standing, walking, climbing and sitting. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Work Conditions: Hands-on position, work is performed in production facility and laboratory environment.
- Special Schedule: May be required to work outside core hours as needed.
- Travel: Requires infrequent travel (10-20%)
- Hazards: Occasionally exposed to heat, cold, noise and dust.
- Five years direct supervisory experience in food manufacturing or laboratory environment. HACCP and GFSI audit experience preferred.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Blommer is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Blommer via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Blommer in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Blommer, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Blommer as a result of the referral or through other means.
Compensation and Benefits
Blommer understands that our employees are our biggest assets. With this in mind we offer a generous benefits package that includes: Paid vacation and sick time, Health and Dental benefits on DAY OF HIRE, and Company Paid Life Insurance, AD&D, 401(k) plan, a generous Profit Sharing plan, 10 pounds of free chocolate for your birthday, free parking and more!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.