Food Safety and Quality Assurance Manager
The Elizabeth Jane Bivins Culinary Center is a leader in food production. The Culinary Center opened in 2007, and has seen significant growth over the last ten years. Today, the kitchens at the Culinary Center provide nutritious and satisfying meals to the residents of Bivins Pointe and their guests. As part of the Foundations commitment to serving the Panhandle community, the Culinary Center partners with local agencies and foundations to provide healthy hot meals to hungry seniors in our community. The Elizabeth Jane Bivins state-of-the-art food production kitchen also utilizes cook-chill technology to deliver a variety of meal solutions to businesses and institutions.
The Culinary Center is currently seeking a Food Safety and Quality Assurance manager to join our team! The QA manager will be responsible for facilitation of internal and external audits as well as coordinating testing with outside laboratories for microbiological analysis and product validation. Collaboration with outside vendors, inspectors and culinary center management is vital to the success of the QA manager.
Essential Functions of this position include, but may not be limited to:
- Understanding verification methods and schedules for food safety
- Ability to inspect and enforce product identification and labeling rules
- Maintain a working knowledge of Incident Management, Recall and Food Security/Premises Security/Sabotage policy
- Actively participate in policy and procedure review, modification, implementation and enforcement
- Effectively communicate with outside inspectors, auditors and management
- Bachelors Degree, Certification or Professional Training in Agriculture, Food Science, Meat Science or related field
- At least 2 years experience in Food Production Quality Assurance
- Basic HACCP Certification required
- SQF Certification required
- PCQI Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of FSMA preferred
- Ability to work in cold environment
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.