Quality Assurance Manager
- Departments: Fresh Departmental QA and the HACCP / Food Safety policies and processes
- Direct Reports: Oversee Supervisors, HACCP Coordinator, and QA technicians
- Reports to: Director of Operations and a dotted line to Corp. Director of QA / Food Safety
- Hands on leader to engage and coach all team members
- Co-Chairs the HACCP team with the Director of Operations.
- BRC & various customer based audit responsibilities
- Challenge and evaluate all quality processes in the production areas for consistency.
- Lead the production departments in answering customer complaints
- Has HACCP certification and can audit the plants plan.
- Handles USDA Food Safety Audits when they arrive.
- Heads USDA and Weekly meetings
Primary duties will include:
- Overseeing the operation and function of the QA technicians and Supervisors
- Maintaining and enforcing programs, procedures, policies and manuals
- Ensuring the safety and quality of incoming raw materials and outgoing finished products
- Meet personnel objectives by planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; providing awareness education, enforcing policies and procedures.
- Meet operational objectives by providing analysis and insight to strategic planning; creating action plans; implementing quality and food safety standards, identifying and resolving problems; analyzing the results of audits and processing data to identify strengths and weaknesses and identify the path to continuous improvement process.
- Design and develop SOP’s using the principles of HACCP to assure uniformity of purpose.
- Validate quality processes by reviewing and fine tuning product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualification; reviewing and critiquing quality assurance procedures.
- Maintain and improve product quality by analyzing and trending the results of product, plant, regulatory compliance, and third-party audits collaborating with other members of management to study and improve process control.
- The ideal candidate will have previous quality assurance experience at the managerial level in the RTE meat industry, solid knowledge of USDA regulations and policies, ability to handle customer and global standard audits, verifiable experience in addressing quality and food safety issues from both a corrective and a preventive posture. SPC skills are a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.