Quality Assurance Manager
Based in Parsippany, New Jersey, B&G Foods, Inc. (NYSE: BGS) and its subsidiaries manufacture, sell and distribute high-quality, branded shelf-stable and frozen foods across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. With our diverse portfolio of more than 50 brands you know and love, including B&G, B&M, Back to Nature, Cream of Wheat, Green Giant, Las Palmas, Le Sueur, Mama Mary’s, Maple Grove Farms, Mrs. Dash, New York Style, Ortega, Pirate’s Booty, Polaner, Spice Islands and Victoria, there’s a little something for everyone. For more information about B&G Foods and our brands, please visit www.bgfoods.com.
We are looking to hire a dynamic, hands-on Quality Assurance Manager who will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the measures and systems to assure that all raw materials and finished goods meet specifications, standards, customer expectations and regulatory requirements for the Stoughton, WI facility.
- Develop/define quality management SOP’s, policies and related systems such as HACCP program, SSOP, GMP and other Quality Assurance programs.
- Interact with production management to ensure existing standards of production are satisfactory and follow food safety regulations, and that all manufactured products are of the highest quality.
- Review existing SQF plan. Provide updates and revisions as needed and communicate any changes to staff and other personnel.
- Advise plant personnel on food quality, specifications, formula and process
- Develop in-process product quality checks to assure consistency and product integrity. Ensure that all procedures conform to health and safety regulations and that all products manufactured are free from flaws or errors and are of the highest quality.
- Identify customer based continuous improvement opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Provide oversight and direction to quality department.
- Investigate and address customer quality complaints; Develop action plan to mitigate any future issues.
- Act as liaison with regulatory agencies. Prepare compliance reports for senior management; file compliance reports with requesting regulatory agencies.
Experience, Skills, Education:
- 5 years management experience in a food manufacturing facility.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Developed knowledge of acidified foods and the principles of handling and preservation.
- Demonstrated "Hands-On" management experience.
- Experience with FDA, USDA and other governmental regulations
- SQF practitioner and HACCP certified. PCQI experience is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
B&G Foods is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.