JOB FILLED - Director of Quality Assurance
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Director of Quality Assurance will develop, implement, and periodically evaluate a program to ensure the organization’s production operations, from raw materials to finished products, meet the quality, integrity, and food safety standards set by the organization.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Directs and oversees the quality department and supervisory staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Evaluates production operations from a strategic level to ensure that products meet quality, integrity, functionality, and other specifications and requirements.
- Collaborates with management and senior staff across production facilities, departments and roles to draft acceptable quality standards.
- Develops and implements quality standard testing and evaluation processes.
- Facilitates communication among production divisions and management.
- Assesses test results and approves recommended changes.
- Reviews quality control documentation such as checklists, logs, and reports for effectiveness, accuracy, and relevance.
- Conducts random inspections and quality control checks.
- Periodically reports status of quality control and operations to executive leadership and, when required, regulatory agencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to train staff.
- Thorough understanding of quality control standards and methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and production in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related industrial, scientific, or business field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight to 10 years of related experience required with at least five years as a quality director or similar role highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.